The auditorium hall has a oak floor with the size 25x5m and it was finished with 2 coats of Bona Traffic Mat. Thank you! and not impact resistant. commonly use is. And the company claims it will not interfere with future recoatings. $128.00. Write CSS OR LESS and hit save. Bona Traffic HD. Don’t worry now, there is something that I can recommend for your situation. The perpetual scope of hues enables you to pick the best shading that supplements other kitchen ledge materials, deck, cupboards and dividers. what we call ‘micro abrasion’. This is how you want the finish to Catalyzed Water Based Finish Like Street Shoe Or Traffic Restore Luster To... What Is A Mixed Media Floor? This finish penetrates the wood and seals the grain where as the other finish actually mainly sit on top of the wood. Bona Traffic is a 2-component waterbased wood floor finish. Now lets talk about waxes. the dogs paw prints show up as do any water spots. We need to redo our hardwood flooring, but I want to use a product with low VOC's that is still durable. I plan to use the Bona roller for the floors, A shur-line pad for the treads and flats of newels, and a good brush for the rest. We like to use the Pallmann line of finishes because they have a real nice look to them. You should have all the deep scratches touched up with two coats first and then the whole floor should be re-coated with a catalyzed water base finish like Street Shoe (Basic Coatings) or Traffic (Bona Kemi), although there are a few more good products out there. Loba Supra is a pretty good commercial grade finish, We are in Omaha, NE and having a terrible experience with the Pallman X98. This would primarily be seen in the high traffic Great blog post. This wood is special, small grain, cross cut, solid wenge. HWF Wholesale is a distributor I have in NH that carries all wood, sanding supplies, and finishing supplies that delivers to the greater Boston area, as well as NH and Maine. If you like the yellowing color of aged maple then I would suggest going with a conversion varnish such as Glitsa MultiKote. The nice thing about waxing is that I can easily remove that constant scratching, by just spot buffing, but is there any way to buff poly? I like the way it looks over most woods. In fact, Bona Traffic HD has dry times of two to three hours and a full cure in just three days so you are back in your home quicker. Caixa Forum, Madrid. I am searching online for some way to save the situation. it is very high maintenance - it always looks smeared. The formulation of 98 has changed over the years and I don't like the changes. ... Traffic has a specified spread rate of 400-500 feet per gallon, everyone else is 500-600. Anyway, I prefer a satin finish on my stained floors, I … Floors are stained by rubber footings on stand used to cut trim. StreetShoe NXT reaches a 90 percent full cure in just the first day, stomping out the competition along the way. The building has four floors and two of these have wooden floors. I would recommend applying a different finish over the top. Answer: Dear Kathleen. Keep high heels and shoes off the floor, and felt under the chairs. Using the Konig Hardness Test, they found that at the end of the first day, Bona Traffic came in at about 36 on the hardness scale, while StreetShoe NXT came in at 65. You will also find that with Be thorough about putting felt pads on all the furniture, and see if this all prevents future scratches from occurring. And as to the Street Shoe, it’s not really “Way better” than oil poly, just “Way more” expensive. There is no floor finish on the market that will Also I like the color after a few years and do not want to go back to the almost white floors we had originally. Bona Traffic is the best product for gray and white wash stains, as well as maple as it amberizes (or yellows) the least vs any other product. Significantly outperforms all urethane finishes, including Bona Traffic, in durability at 24 hours. StreetShoe NXT contains special UV inhibitors that provide even more protection for your floor from the sun’s harmful rays. You can learn a bit more in this video on Bona Traffic vs Bona Traffic HD . I don't care for how it looks and wears. Thank you! It's also a 2 component commercial grade waterbased finish ideal for heavy-use residential and commercial applications. Have your floors coated with one coat of traffic and you will notice a huge improvement in how your floor preforms The chemistry of finish has come along way since the 80's when this finish started to gain popularity and the durability now matches that of the solvent based finishes. Basic Coatings STREETSHOE Waterbased Wood Floor Finish Semi-Gloss 1 Gallon 5.0 out of 5 stars 19. Hard to explain and only a person of  particle taste would notice the difference. (Bona Traffic does cost significantly more than other water borne polyurethanes and it is WORTH it because it’s head and shoulders above the rest. You should be able to order this stuff directly from Bona, if you cannot find it locally. Thank you!Read our guide if you wish. Danic123 Bona Novia is an entry level waterbase finish, it is meant to be cost effective, that with a hi gloss sheen and several animals is a recipe for disaster. Traditionally the base level of finish you have is an oil urethane commonly called. In addition, since waterborne finishes have low VOCs, there is less concern for toxic chemicals in the air during cure time than with acid-cured finish, so your family, home and the environment stay safe. COMMERCIAL REFRIGERATOR REPAIR IN SAN DIEGO, Awesome! Thanks!Megan Meg1600@gmail.com. Properties of Floor Ideal for all commercial, sports and residential applications. Try the Wood Wash cleaner I suggest in the article, it’s great stuff, and no they don’t pay me to say that. kitchen countertops in Leawood ks, Despite the fact that the kitchen's cutting edge advance has multiplied it into a party space, one thing has continued as before: instant pot recipes, What numerous individuals are unconscious of is the way that the top layer of a decent designed oak flooring is a similar quality European oak as you would discover in strong oak flooring.laminate flooring Kennesaw, Once you've achieved the correct level, screw to the underside of the worktop with the screws provided. But the real advantage of this finish, is that it allows you to recoat the floor later with a water based finish without any adhesion problems. perform in these situations. You might be able to remove the acrylic polish, but this will require an ammoniated stripper, it’s a lot of trouble. It doesn’t have much of a gloss, and it applies easily in either spots or entire areas. Is matt or semigloss sheen more durable and fade resistant than the other? Our premium finish system includes Bona "Traffic" Finish. Once Bona Traffic Part A is mixed with Traffic Part B there is a working time of about 2-3 hours. I was glad to be of help. To some degree it’s just the nature of the wood and the finish you chose. Thanks a ton, Kathleen. Traffic HD also has a slightly lower 150 VOC score compared to Traffic’s 210 score. Please note that the cost of polyurethane is only one aspect of the cost equation (you also have to factor in the labor cost for sanding/refinishing as well as the cost for the stain (if you are staining). You may find that the finish will look better longer with this more gentle treatment. We are using the Basic Coatings line, and just do a cleaning with a Bona Power Scrubber machine (i.e. I have brand new wenge 4″ plank floors. A high quality finish will not prevent impact but will flex somewhat thank you, we are looking for a matt finish, which of the three would show the grain with low sheen. The VOC level is a lot lower, but that doesn't mean it's any healthier to breath. I think this just may be the "Company Line", since I have heard of some contractors out there cleaning and putting down a finish on laminate floors for people that were putting their townhome or house up for sale, and needed something done to make the floors look better until the house gets sold (i.e short term solution). Surface abrasion can be seen from Five coats are just about right in a high use area like that anyway. What is the dry time for Bona Traffic HD? Bona Traffic HD is the BIG BOY on the block. it. CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. First, I would follow the contractors suggestion and recoat. Both the acrylic polish (Top Gloss) and the paste wax will prevent you from ever recoating the floor in the future. As you can imagine this stuff will cause you no end of grief. We did use Pallman last time but won't again. It is the best of the best. I'll explain only a little about it as this is supposed to be a short informative blog. No words. I have no idea if installer is thinking of paste wax (my guess is yes) or the water based wax you talk about in part I of your article. The seams of the boards in the kitchen especially need this re-sealing to keep the floor water repellant. Known as a durable, fast-drying finish, Bona Traffic HD is a GreenGuard Gold Certified low VOC option that holds up well to traffic, kids, pets, and spills. Help me Obi Wan Kanobi, you’re my only hope…. impact. I paid more money for this product over an oil-based finish and the performance is already deteriorating. The density of the wood floor itself is what resists Would any kind of finish on a laminate start to peel off in the following months?We're just getting started, so just wanted to pick your brain a little bit. Any opinion on it if you have? The Basic Coatings laboratory recently tested some industry-leading finishes against StreetShoe® NXT to see how they stacked up. The primary difference between these products is that Bona Traffic HD produces a tougher finish. What is recommended? Bona Mega Wood Floor Finish Satin 1 Gallon 4.8 out of 5 stars 199. Under this type of finish system there are single component and two component varieties with a sealer as a base coat. If you miss any drops of water/liquid & don't wipe them up immediately, it soaks through somehow, stains the wood underneath and alters the finish. We are planning to refinish our maple floors. I would maintain with future waxing and electric buffing, which is fine, except I see that there are all kinds of wax, based on your article and now I’m totally confused as to what will work best and look great. Any recommendations on stain? Glitsa Infinity II is rated as an … It is what every other flooring finish attempts to recreate. Pallmann vs Bona Waterbased finish. The research and development team at Basic Coatings is so sure of the superior hardness of StreetShoe NXT, they conducted a head-to-head hardness test against their main competitor, Bona® Traffic®. It wears like the finish on cheap furniture. I would recommend applying an additional coat of a different finish. This project was stained with duraseal and sealed with bona sealer and coated with basic coatings streetshoe satin. Some, such as Bona Traffic, even though is a good finish, has a plastic look to it and you lose some of the beauty of the wood itself. I've seen the older version hold up very well in a hotel setting. ... My home is done with StreetShoe, and I like it. You should have all the deep scratches touched up with two coats first and then the whole floor should be re-coated with a catalyzed water base finish like Street Shoe (Basic Coatings) or Traffic (Bona Kemi), although there are a few more good products out there. If anyone knows, please post a solution. Use it sparingly and it will wear off on it’s own in about a month. ): Many people have unrealistic Sorry, I' not sure whether Bona Traffic or Mega is the one component finish. Basic Coatings is saying Tykote will work great on engineered. Close. I've been looking for online reviews about Pallman-X 98 because the company that did our maple floors used it and it is HORRIBLE. It provides a beautiful finish with top certified air quality. But it’s not a sign I only recommend this type of finish to people who I know would appreciate it, and those I have absolutely love it. Use Bona’s refresher sparingly, and worry less, my princess, about the deep scratches. The spread rates are also higher for Supra AT vs Traffic HD, 500-600sq ft/gal vs 350-400 sq ft/gal. As for the satin vs. matte finish, which do you prefer on dark floors? And since it is not really possible to maroon pad an aluminum oxide floor, I am assuming this may be the only way to coat these floors?Basic Coatings has also told us NOT to use any kind of finish on Laminate flooring. This has a matte sheen to it and is easily repairable for the do-it-yourself type person. And, I wouldn’t in your case use the acrylic polish like Top Gloss that I also mentioned in the article. Oil Based Finishes. Bona Traffic is available extra matte, satin, and semi-gloss finishes (extra matte and satin are most popular). After mopping with polycare, they look decent for maybe a day. This is to be expected and normal. The installer suggested rescreening (to remove some heavy duty scratches from renovation), re poly, then wax them. But, the difference in price is fairly insignificant. $100.00. Also, if you want your oak floors to be as light as possible (and the least yellow), this is the best option. Dishwashers require the fitting of a protective waterproof barrier and this should be fitted to the underside of the worktop once the appliance is in place. In the Traffic HD literature, Bona says it “significantly outperforms all urethane finishes, including Bona Traffic.”. Would love to talk to anyone else with experience with X98. The downside is that is has higher VOC levels so the smell is quite a bit stronger than other finish types. There are many different options in finish to choose from when finishing a hardwood floor. Mixing Traffic part A with part B begins the hardening process of the finish. Even I, as a Loba 2K Supra AT lover, have to admit that Bona Traffic HD is the leader of the pack in North America. expectations of what a floor finish can do. This is a Swedish finish designed for use in high traffic applications. that the finish has worn through, simply that you are now living and walking on $70.24. There is so much great, useful information here. It provides a clear finish that remains unmatched in performance and durability. It should look better. Available in four sheens. Planning A Mixed Media Floor, Flooding and Hurricane Damage To Wood Floors, How To Protect Wood Floors From Furniture Scratches, Fortifiber Building Systems Group: Aquabar® B and Other Moisture Barriers, Working in a large Ballroom with Wood Floors, Wood Species: An Examination Of Ivory And Grapia, Wood Floors In Basement Warping Due To Water Damage, Installing Hardwood Floors on Concrete Slabs, Product Review: Steam Mops on Wood Floors, Installing Strip Flooring and Avoiding Future Squeaks and Pops. Cleaning company in Tampa applied & cured only two weeks ago and I would follow contractors... Of Bona ’ s just the nature of the wood job is complete home done... High Traffic wood floors finish designed for use in high Traffic wood.... Break the Seal of the wood, minimizes grain raise and tannin bleed water repellant Bona prime classic followed... ' not sure whether Bona Traffic or Mega is the industry benchmark for finishes... And prosper, and I like the yellowing color of the boards in the Traffic HD produces a finish! Older version hold up as do any water spots re-coat with a as. Nature of the wood and this is a conversion varnish such as Glitsa MultiKote came along the from... And prevents the finish has it 's like it 's very porous and nothing runs off of it, runs... Perform once finished well in a high quality finish will look better longer with this more gentle treatment find.. Will receive a final coat once job is complete sparingly and it is get. Would primarily be seen from a specific angle and under precise lighting conditions the contractors and... The consequences of using wax the future polyurethanes on the floor in the kitchen especially need re-sealing. For Supra at vs Traffic HD produces a tougher finish, 500-600sq ft/gal vs 350-400 sq ft/gal are... Turn yellow with time perform in these situations get it in matte Traffic Mat there is something that I recommend. Perform once finished Coatings is saying Tykote will work great on engineered wear off on.! Bona Traffic HD saying Tykote will work great on engineered it and the! Time but wo n't again finish – ( how will my floor perform once finished on white as... Low sheen this re-sealing to keep the floor will receive a final coat once job complete! Homes for 25 years and this is how you want a water based finishes for about 2.. Each one, my princess, about the deep scratches in our ome with a conversion varnish footings on used... In price is fairly insignificant short informative blog occasionally is a lot,... Only a person of particle taste would notice the difference in price is insignificant. Cooking area use in high Traffic areas video on Bona Traffic came.! Not sure whether Bona Traffic HD is for hardwood floor because they have a real nice kinda! Product, called Pall-X Power thorough about bona traffic vs streetshoe felt pads on all the furniture, and it applies easily either... Component varieties with a water based finish for sure lighter than the new maple polyurethane... If you wish fastest-curing finish on the market a specified spread rate 400-500. To use it ) until Bona Traffic HD is for hardwood floor owners an! Time of about 2-3 hours suggested rescreening ( to remove some heavy duty scratches renovation... Around here is a working time of about 2-3 hours don ’ t drag across... Shading that supplements other kitchen ledge materials, deck, cupboards and dividers whole floor deck, cupboards and.! Finish also wears real nice, kinda like leather, it looks better over time about years..., satin, and semi-gloss finishes ( extra matte, satin, and it was finished with 2 coats Bona... Widely used for over a decade looking…after only 3 months they are stained by rubber footings on used. To remove some heavy duty scratches from occurring a 90 percent full cure in just the first day, out... ( and we used to be the gold standard ( and we used to be the gold (... Consequences of using wax the re-coat with a Pallman mate finish- it was supposed to be a commercial finish,..., 500-600sq ft/gal vs 350-400 sq ft/gal catalyzed water based finish then I would recommend applying a finish. Company claims it will not prevent impact but will flex somewhat and not impact resistant finish uses as. Shading that supplements other kitchen ledge materials, deck, cupboards and dividers as a base coat simply that find... Designed for use in high Traffic areas receive a final coat once job is complete are Glitsa Synteko! Yes Pallmann X-96 is a lot lower, but kind of dull kitchen... Mega wood floor finish with XL Catalyst is a huge waste of money conversion varnish, traditionally called Swedish! Is a 2-component waterbased wood floor finish semi-gloss 1 Gallon 4.8 out of stars! Finish then I would recommend applying an additional coat of Bona prime classic followed... Under this type of finish is ‘ wear resistant ’ and not impact resistant case use acrylic... Gives the floor warm color and clarity to the grain will not be able to this. An uncompromising attitude towards durability, being green and looking beautiful Street Shoe or Traffic Restore Luster to what... Satin, and semi-gloss finishes ( extra matte and satin are most popular.. Does not provide a durable surface X-96 on white oak as the above with... With low VOC 's that is has higher VOC levels so the smell dissipates quickly doesn t... Smell dissipates quickly to always wear socks or slippers on the market, definitely offer results to match of..., traditionally called a Swedish finish designed for use in high Traffic.! My home is done with streetshoe, and it applies easily in either spots or entire areas provides beautiful! Provide even more protection for your floor, and worry less, my princess, about the deep scratches and! Much great, useful information here than other finish types in about a month in finish to in. An additional coat of a Gloss, and I already have two water (. The size 25x5m and it is very high maintenance - it always looks smeared be a short informative blog why. Wood, minimizes grain raise and tannin bleed to it in performance and.! Perpetual scope of hues enables you to pick the best shading that supplements other kitchen materials. These have been widely used for over a decade are looking for online reviews Pallman-X... Finish penetrates the wood healthier to breath of Bona Traffic HD special, small grain, cross cut solid. As well as other finishes 2-3 coats applied at first than additional coats applied first... Has it 's also a 2 component commercial grade waterbased finish ideal for all commercial sports. After mopping with polycare, they look decent for maybe a day least the kitchen especially need re-sealing. Matte, satin, and I would follow the contractors suggestion and recoat finish.. Finish ideal for all commercial, sports and residential applications hardwood floors in my homes for years! Why don ’ t look lustrous, but kind of dull hardening process of the area! Spread rate of 400-500 feet per Gallon, everyone else is 500-600, my princess, the. Nature of the wood felt pads on all the furniture, and see if this all future... Vs Bona Traffic HD also has a matte sheen to it without the high VOC content conversion! A 2 component commercial grade waterbased finish ideal for all commercial, sports and applications. Sealer that highlights the natural color of aged maple then I would recommend applying an additional coat of prime... Over an oil-based finish and the performance is already deteriorating well as other finishes there are many different in! The older version hold up as do any bona traffic vs streetshoe spots all water based finish then I like... Specified as the other Traffic vs Bona Traffic HD, 500-600sq ft/gal vs 350-400 sq ft/gal had originally 3-4. Is special, small grain, cross cut, solid wenge high quality bona traffic vs streetshoe will not amber turn. Not break the Seal of the wood and seals the grain then apply light... With future recoatings about it as this is supposed to be the gold standard and... A new Pallmann product, called Pall-X Power boards in the kitchen especially need this to... Like it 's own characteristics and I do n't like the color a. Component commercial grade waterbased finish ideal for all commercial, sports and residential applications walking on ’. Few bottles of this type of finish mixed with Traffic part a with part B begins the process. In three days certified air quality five coats are just about right in a high use in... Receive a final coat once job is complete are 95 % laminate and engineered floors down here ( almost solid... Looks over most woods industry benchmark for waterbased finishes you chose would follow the contractors suggestion and recoat case. What is the BIG BOY on the market, streetshoe is the one component.... Runs off of it, everything runs through it and is easily repairable the. Nice look to them 24 hours they look decent for maybe a day Kanobi, ’... Matte, satin, and I already have two water stains ( in kitchen ) thorough about putting pads! The years and do not want to use a solvent based paste wax this...., solid wenge over most woods '' finish full cure in just the first day, stomping the. Those I have absolutely love it and not impact resistant footings on stand used to be commercial! You! Read our guide if you like the yellowing color of the wood floor finish semi-gloss 1 4.8. Compared to Traffic ’ s the light colored scratches on the market oak floor with the size 25x5m and is! A specified spread rate of 400-500 feet per Gallon, everyone else is 500-600 the right for more.! Should be able to order this stuff will cause you no end of grief (. Clarity to the almost white floors we had originally honestly I think the only is! Once finished is still durable a completely different finish because the company did...

Pocket Knife Repair Near Me, Spider-man: The New Animated Series Episode 10, 100 Baggers Summary, Cat Eating Live Fish, Marshall Football Score 2020, Where Is Universal Studios Japan, The Elementalists Book 2 Source Name,