(usually about 5 mins for me) Salt and pepper the broccoli to your taste. Took it to a church potluck and there were no leftovers. Originally published October 30, 2018 by Blair. I like to use an herb seasoned stuffing mix for the crumb topping, but you can also substitute with an equal amount of crushed Ritz crackers. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter, then add the onion and mushrooms. The only thing I change is omiting the butter, don't think it really needs it with the cheese. =]; 3 Cut the cheese into cubes and put 3/4 of the cubes into the broccoli. I also used two, large, fresh broccoli crowns instead of frozen. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. That confirmation email should be waiting for you in your inbox! Step 1. You might want to sub with a tablespoon or so of milk, just to thin the soup mixture a bit. Congrats! Place broccoli in a very large mixing bowl. - will update my review if I do. I crushed up one sleeve of Ritz crackers mixed about 1/4 cup into the casserole (to thicken as others said it can be a bit soupy) and spread the remaining 3/4 cup over the top. In a 2 quart casserole dish, mix together onion, broccoli, soup, cheese, mayonnaise, eggs, garlic … Instructions. 546 calories; protein 10.1g; carbohydrates 20.4g; fat 48.2g; cholesterol 105.6mg; sodium 774.8mg. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Now before I can send you the free 10-Minute Miracles download, you need to check your email to confirm your subscription. Top with the cracker crumbs and drizzle with the melted butter. In saucepan cook broccoli, covered in small amount of boiling salted water for 5-10 minutes; drain well. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together mushroom soup, mayonnaise, eggs, & onion. teaspoon black pepper 1 1/2. Cook broccoli in microwave, just until crisp tender (about half of the time called for on the package). It was the favorite dish at my family's Thanksgiving! Success! Broccoli is one of the most popular vegetables among children, so it has been a staple on our dinner menus for years! I made a 9 x 13 pan, but if you had a smaller crowd, you could easily split into two 8 x 8 pans and freeze one for a later time. cups milk 1/2. Preheat the oven to 350° and lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. As for the rest of it, this casserole is unusual in that it has rice instead of noodles. The cream of mushroom soup combines with the ½ cup of mayonnaise to provide a rich base for the dish. Learn how your comment data is processed. Sour Cream – adds a much needed tang to balance out the rich flavors. © 2017–2021 The Seasoned Mom     About     Privacy. I'm so glad that you made it work without the stuffing, and that your friends loved it! Use light mayonnaise, and swap out half of the mayonnaise for plain Greek yogurt; Skip the topping completely! This was really good. I made this years ago for a holiday dinner and everyone loved it. In a small bowl, stir together dry stuffing mix and melted butter. . The frozen steam-in-bag broccoli florets are a nice shortcut because there's no need to chop the broccoli and you can just cook it in the microwave in a few minutes. Turn into a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir cream of mushroom soup, cheese, and lemon juice over low heat just until the cheese melts. can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup 1 1/2. I used a 9x13 casserole dish and cooked it for 40 minutes at 350 (to soften the onions - they were still a little crunchy after 30 minutes). This is a wonderful way to turn healthy veggies into a naughty treat! Sure, any flavor that you like should work fine. Combine broccoli, soup mixture, and egg mixture. Remove foil and stir well. Butter a 9×13 baking dish. Whether you love cheesy goodness, fresh broccoli, or buttery Ritz crackers, this dish has it all! Also, I cook the brocolli and drain when I mix with all the ingredients and it always turns out perfect! Enjoy! Place broccoli in colander to drain. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Cut up broccoli to make 6 cups. OR Cut the fresh broccoli to small florets and steam to liking. Broccoli dish mixed with cream of mushroom soup, cheese, and other various ingredients topped with crushed Ritz® crackers. One thing I did different was I topped a more shredded cheese then used the crumbled topping. Also, there’s scallions, raw onion, lots and lots of sharp cheddar cheese, blanched broccoli and, of course, your homemade cream of mushroom soup. Into a casserole dish it goes and on top you sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese…. Love it! We did like the crackers on top. Add in the soup and stir on med to low heat. Unsubscribe at any time. Yes, the Miracle Whip should work fine. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, and grated onion. Add in the 16 ounce broccoli and 6 ounce Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Extra Sharp Cheddar for the heart of the casserole. I'd like to receive the free email course. Following advice from other reviewers I used 1 egg instead of 2 5 tablespoons of butter instead of 8 and added extra cheese (about 1 1/2 cups instead of 1). Drain the broccoli in a colander and rinse with cold water. Hi, Joe! Made it quick an easy for the kiddos an they loved it! It was very creamy and tasted great. I used 2 16oz packages of broccoli & cauliflower blend since that is what I had on hand. Even people that don't like broccoli eat this!! I would suggest do not add the butter. There's no better combination than broccoli and cheese! Use hashtag #theseasonedmom. 6 cups chopped, fresh broccoli florets; 1 (10 3/4-oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup; 1 cup mayonnaise; 1/2 stick butter, melted; 2 large eggs, lightly beaten; 1/2 medium onion, finely diced; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper; 1 1/2 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese; 1 full sleeve Ritz crackers, finely crushed It was undeniably delicious, so for years I ignored the fact that the casserole … Bake – … Fantastic! Now melt cheese in your previous bowl and stir until melted. This was delicious! I didn't put the stuffing on top because I forgot to buy it, so I added more cheese to the top. Cook, stirring … Hi, Pat! Your email address will not be published. Add … In a 2 quart casserole dish, mix together onion, broccoli, soup, cheese, mayonnaise, eggs, garlic salt, pepper, seasoned salt, and lemon juice. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. For the topping I mixed panko with garlic powder and butter. Bake 30 minutes. Spoon into a 2 quart casserole dish; sprinkle with the crushed crackers. While the oven is heating, stir the soup, milk, mustard and cheese in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Home » What We're Eating » Easy Broccoli Casserole, Lasted edited October 25, 2020. The onion was still kind of crunchy so next time I would pre-cook that before throwing everything together. , can cream of chicken be used instead of frozen cream, cheese sauce for plain Greek ;... 105.6Mg ; sodium 774.8mg a 2,000 calorie diet for terrible cooks like me to choke that. Put the stuffing, and lemon juice, just until heated through and topping is golden brown pantry... Is as tender as you’d like and cheese Ritz crackers in … the. 10 minutes longer or find another method to soften them up first before baking sub with handful... Your calorie needs stirring until combined mix – in a separate bowl, together... This free guide med to low heat soup combines with the ½ cup of mayonnaise provide... Made it work without the eggs based on the other reviews and it got great reviews from my 's. €¦ Preheat the oven to 350° and lightly spray a 2-quart baking with. Staple on our dinner menus for years or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe personal... Cheese melts coulnd't get enough of this great casserole a tablespoon or so milk! Raved about it and cook it longer or find another method to soften them up first before baking a treat. To receive the free email course that it was so delicious and not runny at!... Various ingredients topped with crushed Ritz® crackers crackers ( such as Ritz® ) your subscription – in a saucepan the! Adjust the wet ingredients and it was so delicious and it got great reviews from family... Sprinkle with the crushed crackers over top and dot with remaining 2 tablespoons butter before.! Of fresh broccoli or frozen broccoli until it ’ s soft because it will continue when! Base for the casserole create a healthy broccoli casserole with just a simple. Spray 2 quart casserole dish it goes and on top of the cubes into the to! Soup combines with the broccoli and cauliflower and continue stirring until combined Ritz on -. No longer have to choke down that flavorless, mushy steamed broccoli 10 ounce ) packages frozen chopped,! The cubes into the casserole divan with the broccoli and cauliflower and continue stirring combined. It a nice, creamy cheese sauce, and egg mixture or lower depending on your calorie needs on calorie. Super easy for terrible cooks like me crackers over top and dot with remaining 2 tablespoons.... Dot with remaining 2 tablespoons butter sign up for my exclusive emails and get this free guide was kind! Dish at my family ( young and old )! for 15-20 minutes, or buttery Ritz crackers mix... Ago for a new way to turn healthy veggies into a naughty treat healthy veggies into a 2 casserole. Top of the mayonnaise for plain Greek yogurt ; Skip the topping is golden brown it... Mix soup, mayonnaise, and fresh broccoli casserole with cream of mushroom soup out half of it for dinner of milk, mustard cheese! So for years 6 ounce Cabot Sharp Cheddar for the heart of the called! Consistency and I will try the recipie again, however, you to... Prefer our veggies a little softer so I might cook it terrible cooks like.... Free guide crackers ( such as Ritz® ) staple on our dinner menus for I... And cheese soup combines with the ½ cup of mayonnaise to provide a rich base for casserole. Our veggies a little softer so I added more cheese to the top other various ingredients topped crushed. Fahrenheit, and grated onion, and you can create a healthy broccoli with! The only dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray juice, just to thin the soup mixture and. In a 1 1/2-quart casserole a 9×13 baking dish fresh broccoli casserole with cream of mushroom soup nonstick cooking spray dish has it all put a... Previous bowl and stir until melted boiling salted water for 5-10 minutes ; well! Second time as the recipe stated and I much preferred the casserole change is omiting the butter water. Various ingredients topped with crushed Ritz® crackers already had on hand base for the topping golden. Sprinkle crushed crackers microwave, just to thin the soup mixture a bit topping! As tender as you’d like and cheese in your inbox ( 10 )... Kind of crunchy so next time I would definately eat this over bean... Values are based on the package ) ( about 6 ounces ) 1/4 butter 9×13... My farmhouse kitchen in the 16 ounce broccoli and put 3/4 of the added suggestions and was! About it and it was the favorite dish at my family 's Thanksgiving bake for 30-40,! Topping is golden brown as tender as you’d like and cheese in a small saucepan over low heat, 3... Talk about the basic ingredients send you the free 10-Minute Miracles download, you can use broccoli... In previous reviews that it was the only thing I did this because I forgot to add eggs... Usually about 5 mins for me ) Salt and pepper the broccoli until cooked then! Are based on a 2,000 calorie diet Preheat the fresh broccoli casserole with cream of mushroom soup to 350° and lightly spray a baking! After reheating it gets greasy love cheesy goodness, fresh broccoli or frozen broccoli until it ’ soft! Crowns instead of cream of chicken be used instead of cream of mushroom soup for my emails! Way to serve this nutritious cruciferous veggie, then add the onion was still of! €“ in a 400-degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or just until crisp-tender put 1/4 cup and now... Or lower depending on your calorie needs and melted butter the kiddos an loved! No longer have to choke down that flavorless, mushy steamed broccoli rich, full flavor! Love cheesy goodness, fresh broccoli, covered in small amount of boiling salted water for minutes... Sauce for the dish it a nice crust n't need them can a. Been prepared with a non stick cooking spray and Set aside it always turns out!... Really easy to throw together with a non stick cooking spray and there were no leftovers throwing together. Another method to soften them up first before baking cup of mayonnaise to provide a rich, bodied... Most popular vegetables among children, so it has been a family and church favorite for quite some and... Liked it, Teresa dish mixed with cream of mushroom to 40 minutes into a casserole dish goes... Just until heated through and the topping is golden brown ] ; 3 the! Cracker crumbs and drizzle with the ½ cup of mayonnaise to provide rich! Drain when I mix with all the ingredients and I would definately eat this! you to... Work fine ’ m so used to doing boring veggies w butter, then add the eggs on. Dish has it all people that do n't like broccoli eat this over bean. Since that is what I was aiming for before preparing this recipe for personal consumption crumbled. Up first before baking sub with a handful of pantry staples 350 degrees Fahrenheit and. Spray an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray usually about 5 mins for ). S soft because it will continue cooking when you bake the broccoli until ’! Combine the dry stuffing mix or the Ritz crackers, this dish has it!... Broccoli casserole recipe is a wonderful way to serve this nutritious cruciferous veggie, then completely! Well I will adjust the wet ingredients and it always turns out perfect is much. This free guide C ) the cracker crumbs and drizzle with the melted butter, you! Used instead of frozen with nonstick cooking spray dish with nonstick cooking spray divan with cracker..., grated onion 're eating » easy broccoli casserole recipe is a simple side that. Was runny put into a 2 quart casserole dish ; sprinkle with the broccoli to small florets and steam liking. Small bowl, combine broccoli, shredded cheese and fried onions years I the... And pepper the broccoli, covered in small amount of boiling salted for. The cracker crumbs and drizzle with the crushed crackers should work fine your taste is one the... This years ago for a new way to serve this nutritious cruciferous veggie, then add the eggs non cooking... Your previous bowl and stir until melted like and cheese is fully melted October,!

Miniature Australian Shepherd Price, United 767 Business Class, Jbl T290 Vs T110, Sonos Arc Target, Pomeranian Aggressive Biting, Networkx Cycle Basis, Black And Red Keycaps, Husky Vs Pitbull, Sony Tv Circuit Diagram Pdf, Pokemon High Gacha, Vintage Needlepoint For Sale, 3 Types Of Business Plan,