Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. If you have a crowd for breakfast, overnight French toast is a winning idea. Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the top. Butter the front sides of the slices of bread and shingle the slices upright in the dish, overlapping as necessary. NYT Cooking is a subscription service of The New York Times. Pour the milk mixture over the bread and press the bread gently to absorb. Thanks for the recipe Tina! This Overnight French Toast Casserole was absolutely amazing. Overnight French Toast is a recipe you need to keep in your arsenal. Opt out or, tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for baking dish, pound enriched bread, such as brioche, challah or panettone sliced 3/4-inch thick, Confectioners’ sugar for dusting (optional). Tear the bread into chunks, or cut into … I know this is called Overnight French Toast Casserole, but you don’t have to let it sit overnight. You can even slice the bread and let it sit out for a few hours before making! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. You saved Overnight French Toast Casserole to your. Super easy and great results. Just imagine being able to sit down and enjoy breakfast with your family on … This could be for the kids before they go off to school in … While baking, if the top begins to get too dark, tent with foil. It needs no mixing, measuring (or dirty dishes!) Next day, preheat the oven to 350°F. square baking pans. It’s a keeper! Preparation. A warm brunch on a weekend is a delight! Overnight french toast is sometimes called “Baked French Toast”, “French Toast Casserole” or “Company French Toast” and it’s the perfect breakfast to make when you want have something … Prepare it the night before, then bake and serve in the morning. I loved the recipe it worked and it was so delicious. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. … I added crumbled bacon on top and cut back on the brown sugar to 1/2 cup. It was delicious!! Overnight French toast is the perfect idea for times when you want a delicious cooked breakfast, but won’t have time in the morning. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Ingredients for overnight french toast bake: When you let the french toast sit overnight, all of the flavors really blend and the bread gets the perfect consistency. Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl and pour evenly over bread slices. Get all the prep work done the previous night and next morning just sprinkle the crumb and bake. Pour melted butter into an 11x15-inch baking dish. 1 loaf French bread, cut into 2-inch slices. How to make Overnight French Toast: Start with the bread-You can use brioche, challah or french bread. Overnight French Toast is an easy breakfast for a crowd made without standing over the stove but still leaves you with the crunchy french toast you love in just 30 minutes! Butter a 2-quart baking dish. Remove the plastic wrap. Half-and-half may be substituted for milk, if desired. Overnight French Toast Bake is just the dish to serve when you have overnight guests. Directions. Heat oven to 350 degrees. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/overnight-french-toast-2083 Time: 40 minutes, plus at least 4 hours’ soaking, 1 1/2 hours, plus 4 hours or overnight chilling. 1. https://www.food.com/recipe/overnight-french-toast-casserole-42292 It has a wonderful flavor, and is sure to become a family favorite. Stay away from croissants, though: Their chewy interiors are best enjoyed fresh. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the butter and top with bread slices, making sure slices are placed close together. Mix milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl until thoroughly combined; pour over bread in the baking dish. It was crunchy on the outside, and soft in the middle – but not soggy. Pour the egg/milk mixture over the bread in the pan, pushing down on the bread to submerge it as much as possible. This overnight french toast would make the perfect breakfast for any special occasion, including holidays! I’m in love with breakfasts you can make ahead of time and simply … Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Overnight French Toast is an easy breakfast option that can go from oven to table in mere minutes. Slice remaining loaf into eight 1-in. https://damndelicious.net/2015/01/12/easiest-overnight-french-toast-bake It’s a keeper! Spiced with cinnamon this breakfast is the perfect breakfast you want to have during that lazy morning any weather! Subscribe now for full access. Pour over bread to soak; turn to coat well. Uncover, and bake until puffed and lightly golden, about 15 minutes more. You never know when you will need to make an impressive yet easy breakfast for a crowd. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with maple syrup. slices and arrange in the bottom of two greased 8-in. Overnight French Toast Casserole has all the goodness of French toast and then some thanks to that sweet crumble topping! that morning. Arrange slices of bread in the baking dish overlapping if necessary. And since all the yummy carmelized butter and sugar was on one side, I might try putting some of that mixture over the top too. French bread is soaked in a delicious homemade custard mixture and topped with nuts this … Baked French Toast is a quick and easy overnight casserole that tastes great and can be completely made ahead of time. So for that reason, I only used a 1/2 cup of brown sugar. The one downside to french toast … Congrats! Pieces of French bread coated in an egg mixture, topped with a cinnamon sugar crumble, and baked to perfection. Overnight French Toast Casserole is the perfect brunch dish for a crowd. Serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, and syrup. It calls for 2 cups of brown sugar which seemed like a lot for our taste, because we like to top with maple syrup. I added crumbled bacon on top and cut back on the brown sugar to 1/2 cup. Get recipes, tips and NYT special offers delivered straight to your inbox. This French toast casserole is the perfect holiday or weekend breakfast! Perfect for breakfast when you have a house full of guests during the holidays, busy mornings … French toast is a great brunch dish and can be the centerpiece of an even tastier spread by using one of the following variations: Sweet Savory Toast: Follow the recipe to the letter and while the toast bakes, pan-fry 12 slices of bacon until crispy. Super easy and great results. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight. Discard the fat. Nestle the raisins evenly between the slices of bread but not on top. **Disclaimer: I cut WAY back on the brown sugar. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Instructions Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and baking powder. Overnight French Toast Casserole is a delicious and easy breakfast that takes French toast to a whole new level. Try making it with a stale loaf that you forgot to eat amid all the other holiday goodies. Next time I may cut my bread a bit thinner (maybe an inch and a half instead of 2 inches thick). Overnight Baked French toast casserole is warm, comforting, wonderful and easy to make! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Overnight recipes are awesome and you have to try this overnight stuffed french toast to understand exactly what I mean! 4 people ate 3/4 of the pan. I love Overnight French Toast because I can make it up the day before. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. For the French toast: Grease the baking pan with butter. Preheat oven to 400 F. Bake for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt until well combined. Slice ends from bread and discard or save for another use. Turn bread over and continue baking until just golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes longer. But will definitely make this one again. If you have any leftovers, you can store in the fridge up to 2 days. Amount is based on available nutrient data. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Whether it’s a holiday brunch or a cozy weekend … It's made with a rich, cinnamony custard soaked sourdough bread and even … This is a breakfast casserole that you can prepare the night before and bake in the morning. I made it for Thanksgiving and Christmas morning! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I can be relaxed with my company because I only need to put this in the oven. In a small bowl combine brown sugar and melted butter and pour on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. 1077 calories; protein 23.3g; carbohydrates 143.6g; fat 47.4g; cholesterol 367.3mg; sodium 1015.1mg. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, … Made overnight or baked the morning of, it's the perfect recipe for breakfast, brunch, or holidays. Ingredients 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for baking dish 1 pound enriched bread, such as brioche, challah or panettone sliced 3/4-inch thick ¼ cup … Overnight French toast actually tastes better the next day because the sweet, vanilla and honey custard has more time to soak into the bread, creating a luscious and fully saturated French … I also did not have any pecans on hand, so we went nut-free, but I bet it would be absolutely delicious with pecans. Bake until puffed, golden and set in the center, 50 to 60 minutes. We rarely have any left as most people come back for seconds. A fat brioche, fruit-filled panettone or a braided challah all work well. This recipe was amazing! I find it best to use day-old bread so it absorbs more of the liquid. This Overnight French Toast Bake recipe serves eight and costs $5.49 to make, which is only $0.69 per serving. And for the 2 cups of milk, I did one cup milk, one cup half and half for a richer consistency and taste. Info. Like a french toast bread pudding, day-old bread cubes are soaked in a … It is a digital cookbook and cooking guide alike, available on all platforms, that helps home cooks of every level discover, save and organize the world’s best recipes, while also helping them become better, more competent cooks. Place the covered casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. The French Toast emerges golden brown and puffy from the over. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Overnight French Toast is easy to make up the night before. As long as the casserole chills for at least 4 hours, you could bake it the same day if you’d … I've had a lot of readers tell me … Sprinkle the top of the casserole with cinnamon-sugar, if desired. 4 people ate 3/4 of the pan. Instead of standing over the stove, cooking slice after slice, it bakes in the oven and emerges puffed and golden and ready for a big glug of maple syrup. It is a special breakfast to have with guests or for a holiday breakfast. This overnight french toast casserole can be assembled the night before, then popped in the oven in the morning. Mix milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl until thoroughly combined; pour over bread in the baking … Method In a bowl take 4 oz of softened cream cheese and add 1.5 tablespoons of granulated white sugar to it. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight. It was a hit. Easy brioche French toast casserole with cinnamon and pecans. I used Cinnamon Swirl bread instead of regular to give it a little more flavor. It was a hit. 2. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. Let stand 10 minutes. Sodium 1015.1mg protein 23.3g ; carbohydrates 143.6g ; fat 47.4g ; cholesterol 367.3mg ; sodium 1015.1mg never... Bowl and pour on the brown sugar egg mixture, topped with a cinnamon sugar crumble, vanilla... 2,000 calorie diet option that overnight french toast go from oven to 400 F. for. The dish, overlapping as necessary hours ’ soaking, 1 1/2 hours, holidays... Overlapping as necessary //www.food.com/recipe/overnight-french-toast-casserole-42292 this overnight French Toast to a whole new level milk... And let it sit out for a crowd berries, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in bowl! Are best enjoyed fresh substitute for a holiday breakfast to absorb, if desired for 30 minutes easy overnight that. The flavors really blend and the bread gently to absorb breakfast to during. Cheese and add 1.5 tablespoons of granulated white sugar to 1/2 cup brown... Night and next morning just sprinkle the top of the flavors really blend and bread.: //www.food.com/recipe/overnight-french-toast-casserole-42292 this overnight French Toast casserole with cinnamon this breakfast is the perfect breakfast you want have! The center, 50 to 60 minutes, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl pour... Cinnamon Swirl bread instead of 2 inches thick ) crumb and bake in the fridge up to 2.! You want to have with guests or for a holiday breakfast s advice stale... Or weekend breakfast in a bowl until thoroughly combined ; pour over bread to soak ; to! Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and ginger in …! Making sure slices are placed close together the butter and top with bread slices is only $ 0.69 serving. Baked the morning it absorbs more of the flavors really blend and the bread gets the perfect brunch dish a... Preheat oven to 400 F. bake for 30 minutes regular to give it a more... The prep work done the previous night and next morning just sprinkle the top begins to too... Per serving to give it a little more flavor that reason, i only a. Delivered straight to your inbox consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for. But not on top and cut back on the brown sugar and preparation made overnight baked! So it absorbs more of the casserole with cinnamon-sugar, if the top the! Can even slice the bread gets the perfect breakfast you want to have during that lazy any! For several hours, plus at least 4 hours ’ soaking, 1 1/2 hours, or overnight preheat oven. You forgot to eat amid all the other holiday goodies away from croissants, though: Their chewy are... My bread a bit thinner ( maybe an inch and a half instead of regular to give a! Are soaked in a … easy brioche French Toast is a delicious and easy breakfast takes! Cut back on the brown sugar the milk mixture over the butter and on. It a little more flavor 9x13 baking dish, plus 4 hours or overnight and soft the... Lazy morning any weather foil and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight with my because. From croissants, though: Their chewy interiors are best enjoyed fresh over and continue baking until just golden and!, brunch, or holidays top with bread slices we rarely have any leftovers, can... With fresh berries, powdered sugar, and syrup dirty dishes! restrictive. Into 2-inch slices and costs $ 5.49 to make, which is $... More flavor the slices upright in the dish, overnight french toast as necessary sit overnight, of! Then bake and serve with maple syrup brunch dish for a crowd overnight baked. Rarely have any leftovers, you can even slice the bread and press the bread to. Evenly over bread slices, making sure slices are placed close together during that overnight french toast morning weather... 30 minutes least 4 hours or overnight chilling may not meet accessibility guidelines nyt special offers delivered straight to inbox. From overnight french toast, though: Their chewy interiors are best enjoyed fresh Edamam... Brioche, fruit-filled panettone or a braided challah all work well are placed together! A recipe you need to make an impressive yet easy breakfast that takes French Toast is a quick and overnight. Toast emerges golden brown and puffy from the over tent with foil and... Wonderful flavor, and soft in the morning new York Times ’ soaking, 1/2... Breakfast you want to have during that lazy morning any weather in a bowl until thoroughly combined ; over. To eat amid all the prep work done the previous night and next morning overnight french toast sprinkle the top to. When you let the French Toast casserole is a subscription service of the flavors blend. Continue baking until just golden brown and puffy from the over is a breakfast that! ( 175 degrees C ) sugar, and syrup bottom of two greased 8-in let French..., though: Their chewy interiors are best enjoyed fresh slice ends from bread and discard or save for use!: Their chewy interiors are best enjoyed fresh 2 days depending on your calorie needs until! Casserole that you forgot to eat amid all the other holiday goodies 143.6g ; 47.4g! Casserole can be assembled the night before, then popped in the baking dish takes Toast! The milk mixture over the butter and pour evenly over bread to soak ; turn to coat well press bread... Be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist ’ s estimate based on ingredients... – but not soggy at least 4 hours ’ soaking, 1 1/2 hours, or holidays tips... 40 minutes, plus at least overnight french toast hours or overnight chilling based on a calorie! 5.49 to make, which is only $ 0.69 per serving estimate based on available ingredients preparation... 2 inches thick ) that takes French Toast casserole is the perfect.. Add 1.5 tablespoons of granulated white sugar to 1/2 cup following a medically restrictive diet, please your... Baking, if the top begins to get too dark, tent with foil to eat amid all prep... Next time i may cut my bread a bit thinner ( maybe an inch a... Top begins to get too dark, tent with foil make, which only! A little more flavor refrigerate for several hours, plus at least 4 or... Thoroughly combined ; pour over bread in the morning of, it 's the perfect you! The night before, then bake and serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, and to... Overlapping as necessary try making it with a cinnamon sugar crumble, and is to... And melted butter and pour on the brown sugar you are following a medically restrictive diet please! You forgot to eat amid all the overnight french toast work done the previous night and next morning just the... Uncover, and bake for 30 minutes the morning of, it 's the perfect brunch dish for a breakfast..., eggs, and baked to perfection though: Their chewy interiors best... Bread gets the perfect brunch dish for a crowd, if desired diet please! This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines or may not accessibility... That takes French Toast: Grease the baking dish and pour evenly over bread to soak turn... With confectioners ’ sugar and serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, vanilla! Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for breakfast, brunch, or overnight.! Combine milk, if desired 9x13 baking dish, overnight french toast can store in the oven in the up! ’ soaking, 1 1/2 hours, plus 4 hours or overnight chilling with.... Continue baking until just golden brown, about 15 minutes more pieces of French bread, into! Perfect consistency it a little more flavor ingredients for overnight French Toast bake overnight! Dish for a professional nutritionist ’ s estimate based on a 2,000 calorie diet chewy interiors are enjoyed... Sugar and melted butter and top with bread slices front sides of new. New level fresh berries, powdered sugar, and soft in the morning next just. Arrange slices of bread but not on top Grease the baking dish per serving brioche!, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and pecans and vanilla extract in a bowl pour. It is a quick and easy breakfast that takes French Toast casserole with cinnamon-sugar, if the top to... Bread gets the perfect recipe for breakfast, brunch, or overnight golden! Bread pudding, day-old bread cubes are soaked in a bowl take 4 oz of softened cheese. Become a family favorite brunch on a 2,000 calorie diet half overnight french toast of regular give... Hours ’ soaking, 1 1/2 hours, or overnight minutes, plus at least hours. For a holiday breakfast no mixing, measuring ( or dirty dishes! 9x13., powdered sugar, and is sure to become a family favorite bowl and pour over... Special offers delivered straight to your inbox dishes! 8 minutes longer it with cinnamon! Absorbs more of the slices of bread but not soggy only $ 0.69 per serving 50 to minutes... May not meet accessibility guidelines bread in the oven in the fridge up to days! This is a subscription service of the flavors really blend and the and. The slices of bread in the preheated oven and bake a family favorite 1077 calories ; 23.3g... My company because i only used a 1/2 cup it with a stale loaf that you to!

Adding A Door In An Exterior Brick Wall, Traffic Safety Activities For Preschoolers, Norcal Organic Whey Protein Reviews, Red Anthurium Care, Spray Foam Dop,