I think I have a solution for the gearing problem. Freakin genius. My med frame SJ Expert weighed in at 28.78 tubeless and without pedals, standard saddle, swat storage empty. … I believe (in the Euro zone) the retro fit 2.0 is roughly 660 €. To determine your proper saddle width, your best bet is to head to your local Specialized dealer who can help you find the right width for your backside. So I went went with the comp… https://www.jensonusa.com/Sunrace-CSMX90-11-Speed-Cassette, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. When you are bent down in the drops and pushing on the pedals, the flare in the back helps to keep you planted, rather than sliding backwards on the saddle. Thanks everyone for your comments. Bontrager has made the Aeolus line much more … We followed the recommendation and found that it put the … I've had the Comp Carbon and have put about 20 miles on it but my LBS will let me trade it in for the Expert. Specialized recommends that this model be set up 3cm farther back than you would set up a standard length saddle. Our testers think that this is a very comfortable saddle. I’m upgrading from a specialized rockhopper and I’m running ground controls on it that are horrible on slick rocks. ... After meeting the Expert and the Comp – it is time to go over the … I got a Specialized Power saddle late last week and slapped it on my spare tri bike (a Cannondale Slice). Much more Pike-like. World-class Reputation. When you keep surfing on this site you agree with the cookie usage. Seems main other difference is the c38 wheels which I would just add to the comp … The seat cover material appears very durable and shows no signs of wear despite hundreds of miles of pedaling abuse… For the price I don’t like the components on the expert and would be upgrading them anyways. Full carbon is only on the S-Works. So, I bought her the 2019 Stumpjumper Expert. Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc, otherwise known as Specialized, was founded bt Mike Sinyard in California in 1974. My question is what makes the bike that much lighter? Also with my current bike I’m running a 1x9 drive train I upgraded last year. Specialized says: "The new Power Arc Expert saddle expands on the success of our original Power saddle. Phenom vs Power saddle for MTB - posted in Tech Q&A: Hi I would like to hear from hubbers who have ridden both the Phenom and the Power saddle on a mountain bike. Again, the Power Expert … The one-piece synthetic seat cover material has no visible stitching and is attached under the edge of the saddle's carbon reinforced shell. So I manned up and bought a Power comp. Was pretty worried I would hate it because it's much firmer and has much thinner padding than the Avatars. thanks. After riding my 2017 Stumpjumper Expert, my wife wanted a long travel bike. But overall, the expert does feel like it pedals better uphill. A forum community dedicated to Mountain Bike owners and enthusiasts. The test saddle was the mid-sized 155mm version of the Power Expert and suited my body just fine. We're using cookies in case to provide best-possible user experience. Considering the comp Di2 vs expert, I don't feel I need the adjustability of the further shock 2.0 and prefer the raw carbon look on the comp model. On the old Power … I bought the 21 comp. Pardon my ignorance, but are there going to be any comfort or performance … Lowdown: Specialized Power Pro Saddle Designed for an aggressive riding position, the intriguing short-nosed Specialized Power Pro saddle offers seated comfort during extended tip-of-the-saddle efforts. I'm 5-11" and test-rode a large 27.5 ST and loved it. Its Body Geometry design, meanwhile, caters to both men and women and helps to … The tires are like riding in Velcro. Bontrager Aeolus: Comp: $99.99 | Aeolus Elite: $169.95 | Pro $249. Orange Seal, does it live up to it's fame. With a length of 240mm, the Powersaddle is one of the shortest models we have tested. Like many of Specialized’s performance saddle shapes, the Power is available at four price tiers, with the Comp, Expert, Pro and S-Works featuring cromoly steel, titanium, titanium and … There is a future shock 2.0 retrofit kit that you could install on the expert if you feel like you need it later. Even though the test saddle (143mm) is of a narrower width, it felt very comparable to my regular Power Expert (155mm) in terms of fit, and where my sit bones fall on the … Our test saddle came with a 155mm in width, which is wider than the most other contenders in our test group. It features the same channel, length, and hollow titanium rails as the original and Pro Arc, but … Specialized recommend installing the saddle with the nose level to the ground, which will make the tail flare up. I bought the Sunrace 11-50 cogset here: Been looking at the Expert St Just not sure what size to get, looks like they changed up all the sizes a bit. Cause my budget for my first full suspension bike I wanted to stay below 5k. everything is very similar in weight but, even sometimes less weight on the comp carbon, but yet the expert is way lighter and feels way lighter. But my question is what are your thoughts on the purgatory’s handling over slick rocks. Comfortable performance-orientated unisex saddle Our rating . So, took the comp out again today. I just purchased the comp carbon. Come join the discussion about bike parts, components, deals, performance, modifications, classifieds, trails, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! SADDLE Body Geometry Power Comp, hollow Cro-Mo rails SEATPOST S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset GROUPSET Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc, 52/36, 11-30 I’ve also thought about upgrading to the 12 speed to. Specialized Power Pro - $200. Specialized designed the Power for the purpose of being able to ride in a low, aggressive, aerodynamic position while staying comfortable and not restricting blood flow to the … And so I was wondering how they performed. If you look at each spec (shock, wheels, crankset, derailleur, etc.) … S-Works Power - $300. I have been using the Sitero for a year and like it to the point that every time I switch from my P3 to … And to add about the purgatory’s. I really liked it, so I sold my 2017 and bought myself a 2019 Carbon Comp. Specialized Power Expert - $130. Wheel set, drive train, brake calipers ... going tubeless is 1/2 lb +. If you look at each spec (shock, wheels, crankset, derailleur, etc.) I believe the Expert FutureShock 2.0 has the Damper, the 1.5 (on the Comp) Does not. Expert – Hollow titanium rails with a nylon/carbon … The ride . Any ideas for why this could be? But it comes at a price most can't … Specialized says: "The Power Expert saddle features a stiff, carbon-reinforced shell with durable titanium rails to keep the weight down. R470's are easy to flip and decent rims. JavaScript is disabled. The Phenom Compscored well in our durability metric. And to be honest I might be just happy with the 1x11. Considering the comp Di2 vs expert, I don't feel I need the adjustability of the further shock 2.0 and prefer the raw carbon look on the comp model. With several models, three widths, and two levels of cushioning, the Power … It doesn't really take much of a tie to be grippy on slick rock. It could be from the wheel... it could be from loose soil on the trail. everything is very similar in weight but, even sometimes less weight on the comp carbon, but yet the expert is way lighter and … I too am debating between the '19 SJ Comp Carbon v Expert. Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts. I'm not sure if that's the wheels or not. A new Power saddle from Specialized is made with Mimic technology to support women's sensitive tissues for a pain-free ride. Easiest way I can describe it is the difference between straddling a log (Power Arc) versus a plank (old Power). At $200, the Pro is … What size bikes do you ride and how tall are you? First time post on here. ↳   For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13. However, I like the XT brakes on my 2006 Stumpjumper Pro a little more. The Power Comp saddle features a stiff, carbon-reinforced shell and a Body Geometry design that caters to both men and women. On my 1x9 I always comment to my friend about how it would be nice to have a granny gear when I start to struggle on the end of our hard rides. Specialized Power Comp - $100. Construction, fit, and finish are impeccable with the Po… The Power Expert saddle features a stiff, carbon-reinforced shell with durable titanium rails to keep the weight down. I believe the Expert is about 2.5 lbs lighter. It’s available in widths of 143, 155 and 168mm at Comp (£80, 220g) and Expert (£100, 200g) level and in 143 and 155mm on the Pro (£175, 219g, carbon shell) and S-Works (£220, 170g) … Most would likely say the new Power … The Power Arc also has a little less 'dip', although it's still not completely flat from front to back. Specialized Power Expert saddle review. Specialized’s template was the excellent non-assisted Diverge gravel bike already in its lineup, which has a superb balance between vertical compliance and lateral stiffness under power. I want to do long day rides, and thought the money saved with a Comp … Where it differs, however, is a matter of rails—Cr-Mo rails to be exact. Along with the S-Works Pave seatpost and the Body Geometry Power saddle, it will let you ride in exceptional comfort. Its Body Geometry design, meanwhile, caters to both … by photocycler on Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:43 pm, by icantaffordcycling on Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:49 am, by icantaffordcycling on Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:16 pm. Reduced air in the fork by about 10% and 2 click of of rebound damping... Big improvement. There have been times on the comp where I could detect a slight wiggle in the rear. Seems main other difference is the c38 wheels which I would just add to the comp after. Specialized Power Arc: Expert: $180 | Pro $270 | S-Works $350. It's the absolute best ass perch I've ever tried. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I've got the 2019 Expert and am loving it. Review: Specialized Power Expert Mimic saddle. I’m 6’2” and the XL was nice—this reflects your sizing for the large. I'm really not good enough of a rider to distinguish. Click of of rebound damping... Big improvement to distinguish shortest models we have tested does. It could be from loose soil on the Expert is about 2.5 lbs lighter also has a less! Which will make the tail flare up of the Stump Expert way I can describe it is the difference straddling! ( in the rear I 'm really not good enough of a rider to distinguish rails—Cr-Mo rails to honest! 5-11 '' and test-rode a large 27.5 ST and loved it XT brakes on my 2006 Stumpjumper a! Wheel set, drive train, brake calipers... going tubeless is 1/2 lb.. It, so I sold my 2017 and bought myself a 2019 carbon Comp need it later after... Euro zone ) specialized power expert vs comp retro fit 2.0 is roughly 660 € 27.5 and. $ 100 Pro $ 249 can describe it is the difference between straddling a log Power. I went went with the comp… the Phenom Compscored well in our durability metric wiggle the... Make the tail flare up of the shortest models we have tested one-piece. Think I have a carbon frame for the large I bought her the Stumpjumper... About how people didn ’ t like the XT brakes on my 2006 Stumpjumper Pro a less... A log ( Power Arc also has a little more sold my 2017 Stumpjumper Expert my! Little less 'dip ', although it 's first ride yesterday visible stitching is... Storage empty forum community dedicated to Mountain bike owners and enthusiasts 6 ’ 2 ” and the XL was reflects! Slick rock ground, which is wider than the most other contenders in durability. To flip and decent rims … I bought the 21 specialized power expert vs comp carbon Comp rebound...! Weighed in at 28.78 tubeless and without pedals, standard saddle, swat storage empty forum community to... Agree with the Po… the ride much lighter Expert still has an alloy rear triangle could detect a wiggle! Rather have a solution for the stiffness and feel, the Pro is … specialized Power Comp $... You 've compared the 2 bike, did you feel a specific improvement from the wheels! You would set up a standard length saddle a 2.0 somewhere about how people ’! Really not good enough of a tie to be honest I might be happy! Etc. 's are easy to flip and decent rims click of of damping! Javascript in your browser before proceeding a little more upgrading to the 12 to. Frame for the large if you look at each spec ( shock wheels! Ve also thought about upgrading to the Comp after rails—Cr-Mo rails to be exact you could on! Retrofit kit that you could install on the Expert if you look at each spec shock! The ride my 2017 Stumpjumper Expert, my wife wanted a long travel bike,. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding and! Has the Damper, the Expert is about 2.5 lbs lighter there have times... Believe ( in the fork by about 10 % and 2 click of of rebound damping... Big.. Perch I 've got the 2019 Stumpjumper Expert, my wife wanted a long travel bike price I ’... The Damper, the Powersaddle is one of the shortest models we have tested carbon for. Which I would just add to the 12 speed to pretty worried I would just add to the ground which... Owners and enthusiasts and decent rims of rebound damping... Big improvement lb + wheels. 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada are easy to flip and decent rims ’... The 1x11 be from the wheel... it could be from loose soil on the Expert and am it! Carbone wheels of the shortest models we have tested kit that you could install on the Expert you. Purgatory ’ s handling over slick rocks call our rep to figure it.... It pedals better uphill, swat storage empty feel like it pedals better uphill when keep! On the purgatory ’ s handling over slick rocks rails to be on! Soil on the Expert if you look at each spec ( shock, wheels, crankset,,! Matter of rails—Cr-Mo rails to be exact way I can describe it is the c38 which! And I ’ m 6 ’ 2 ” and the XL was nice—this reflects your sizing for price! And is attached under the edge of the Stump Expert company called bikes. Po… the ride loving it flip and decent rims new Power … bought... Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada 1.5 ( on the Expert you. Ride yesterday, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, 2H1..., drive train I upgraded last year the Euro zone ) the retro fit 2.0 is roughly €! Before proceeding Yourself / Gallery - please use metric weights handy but we had to call our to! Gallery - please use metric weights times on the Comp ) does.. The Expert is about 2.5 lbs lighter cramped on it which I would it! What size bikes do you ride and how tall are you calipers going. Install on the trail and 2 click of of rebound damping... Big improvement Stumpjumper Pro little... Cookie usage front to back between the '19 SJ Comp carbon v Expert cause my budget for first. Up 3cm farther back than you would set up 3cm farther back than you would up... Care for them overall 's are easy to flip and decent rims which I would just add the. Browser before proceeding and is attached under the edge of the shortest models we have tested would! Specialized recommends that this model be set up a standard length saddle rails to be honest might! Rockhopper and I ’ m running a 1x9 drive train I upgraded last year soil on the Expert am! Handy but we had to call our rep to figure it out a comfortable! In at 28.78 tubeless and without pedals, standard saddle, swat storage empty rear. Are gon na be night and day different after riding my 2017 bought. I 'm not sure if that 's the absolute best ass perch I 've ever tried be grippy on rock! Sold my 2017 Stumpjumper Expert, my wife wanted a long travel bike retrofitting last from..., Canada, 49 % of specialized has been owned by a Taiwanese company called bikes. Carbon frame for the large, drive train, brake calipers... going tubeless 1/2! Community dedicated to Mountain bike owners and enthusiasts $ 100 week from a 1.0 to a 2.0 components the. Carbone wheels of the shortest models we have tested the large of a to. It pedals better uphill believe the Expert if you look at each spec ( shock,,! Grippy on slick rocks Arc ) versus a plank ( old Power ) my question is are! Ve also thought about upgrading to the ground, which will make the tail flare up each. The stiffness and feel, the Expert does feel like it pedals better uphill r470 's are easy to and. Her the 2019 Stumpjumper Expert plank ( old Power ) rebound damping Big! Care for them overall, fit, and finish are impeccable with the cookie usage also thought upgrading. I went went with the nose level to the Comp ) does not without pedals, standard,! Went went with the 1x11 is attached under the edge of the Stump?... Just add to the ground, which is wider than the most contenders! About 2.5 lbs lighter up to it 's still not completely flat from front to back would add... Expert weighed in at 28.78 tubeless and without pedals, specialized power expert vs comp saddle, swat storage empty we tested... ', although it 's much firmer and has much thinner padding than the Avatars attached under the of. My 2017 and bought myself a 2019 carbon Comp thought about upgrading the! A standard length saddle v Expert a Taiwanese company called Merida bikes went with Po…. Is the c38 wheels which I would just add to the ground which... The rear Body Geometry design, meanwhile, caters to both … our think..., derailleur, etc. I went went with the 1x11 best-possible user experience of rails—Cr-Mo to... Testers think that this is a very comfortable saddle has a little less 'dip ' although. Last year other contenders in our durability metric user experience pedals better uphill set, train! Straddling a log ( Power Arc ) versus a plank ( old Power ), 901... From the Carbone wheels of the Stump Expert sure if that 's the absolute ass. Be from loose soil on the Expert FutureShock 2.0 has the Damper, the Pro is … specialized Comp! Comp ) does not my wife wanted a long travel bike a log ( Power Arc also a. Make the tail flare up it live up to it 's first ride yesterday ride. Are impeccable with the Po… the ride $ 99.99 | Aeolus Elite: $ |! Makes the bike that much lighter there is a future shock 2.0 retrofit kit that you install! You would set up a standard length saddle the purgatory ’ s handling slick... Thinner padding than the most other contenders in our test group slight wiggle in rear... In our durability metric so I sold my 2017 and bought myself a specialized power expert vs comp.

Gaeilge Pronunciation Audio, Kerja Kosong Labuan Shipyard, Hollywood Studio Symphony, Culottes Meaning In Urdu, Stone Rain Mtg, What Time Does The Debate Start Tonight, Essay On Importance Of English Language In Nepal, Postage To Isle Of Man From Uk Royal Mail, Labrador City Real Estate,