1-Click ordering is not available for this item. Sunset – July 29, 2009. Not sure if that's true, but I love this one just the same. If you are serious about gardening, get this book as your first (and probably only) gardening reference book. Any question regarding a particular plant can usually be answered quickly and easily through this resource. Sunset Editors. $12.95 . Every plant imaginable is liste in their horticultural name and well as one we know. One of the best references out there for the Gardener, Reviewed in the United States on January 31, 2016, One of the best references out there for the Gardener. Kinfolk Home. It made it hard to find what zone I live in. This book like a horicultural dictionary. Prior reviews of the current edition pointed out that the current was not cross referencing common names with botanical or correct names... not sure if that is true ... however was pointed to this edition ... which does still cross reference. Very useful and well illustrated and set up book- it is a defintie go to resource. Gardeners throughout the region will be welcoming a thoroughly updated and fresh-looking 8th edition of the bible of Western gardening. © 2008-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. See this image. We have bought many editions of this book over the years. PRIVACY POLICY ©2021 SUNSET WESTERN GARDEN COLLECTION. Prime members enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping, Free Same-Day or One-Day Delivery to select areas, Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading, and more. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer. But the new 9th edition—entirely revised and redesigned, and filled with thousands of photos—is the ultimate handbook for today’s gardener. In this edition, we introduce an exciting new feature: gardening tips from well-known plant experts throughout the West. Their Garden Encyclopedia was first published more than 4 decades ago. This book defines the variety of western climate zones, more than 20, shows on maps which zone you garden in, and rates the plants in its extensive encyclopedia by zone. An excellent guide to gardening. Sunset has just released the ninth edition of its Western Garden Book, and Sweet immediately snagged a copy, though the Los Altos landscape designer has no … Choose to purchase a older edition based on reviews of the current edition. Great edition of my favorite book on Western gardening! I do wish that the zone maps included more towns; some major towns are missing including my own. I have anticipated this newest edition of "Sunset" for several years, and find it to be all that I have hoped it COULD be. Western Garden Book: More than 8,000 Plants - The Right Plants for Your Climate - Tips from Western Garden Experts (Sunset Western Garden Book) Editors of Sunset… 4.7 out of 5 stars 395 This newest edition contains a beautifully done introduction which defines gardening IN TANDEM with Nature in very inspiring form, complete with tantalizing photographs. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Though the idea of dates might seem superfluous as we creep towards Year Two of This Thing, I’d contend they’re more important than ever... Three Winter Dates to Do in Portland Right Now, Books That Got Us Through 2020: A Reading Retrospective. The New Sunset Western Garden Book: The Ultimate Gardening Guide. Please try again. Features:8th Edition of this perennial bestsellerMore than 8,000 plant listings, 500 new, keyed to climate zones30 Plant Selection Guides to find the perfect plant for every situationSpecial contributions from 40 eminent Western garden expertsIntroduction by Sunset garden editor Kathleen N. Brenzel, with a photographic tour of gardens that are truly the `Best of the West` gardens great resource for west coast gardeners! I highly recommend it to western gardeners and hope there is an equivalent book for you central and eastern gardeners. New online tool allows gardeners to search the Sunset Western Garden Book's top 2,500 plants, making it easy to find the best plants for your own backyard. Sunset Magazine Logo. Sunset Western Garden Book 8th Edition by Sunset available in Trade Paperback on Powells.com, also read synopsis and reviews. Sunset Western Garden Book 8th Edition. Reviewed in the United States on August 30, 2011. Unable to add item to Wish List. ISBN13: 9780376039163 The New Sunset Western Garden Book is the ultimate flower (and vegetable) growing guide for this area. New plant lists reflect current trends, such as Mediterranean gardening and easy-care plants for beginners. by Toby Hemenway. by Sunset. The sellor is working on the mail delivery packaging change and was very responsive to my concerns about it, The condition was not new - it had been shipped without plastic and the cardboard box caused the pages to become wavy - it was quite disappointing. Buy and sell locally. Got a used book but it looks totally brand new and never used. It is an absolutely indispensable tool for the novice and master gardener alike. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Hardcover. $32.95. Learn more about the program. I just peeked into it before I passed it on, but it seemed to have even more gardening inspiration articles. If you could only have one garden book and you live in the west, this is the one to choose. The book also features plans and design ideas for kitchen gardens of all sizes, as well as easy-to-follow guidelines for composting, building raised beds, and more. The Western Garden Book of Edibles contains complete instructions for growing over 190 vegetables, herbs, berries, fruits, nuts, and tropical fruits in the ground and in containers. Jim McCausland is a Seattle-based senior writer for Sunset Magazine . The two or three recent re-issues of Sunset's Western Garden Book have become more "posh" and sophisticated, like coffee-table issues, not meant for nitty-gritty work in the yard. Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. His books "The Chinese Poet Awakens" and "Letters Home" are available through Celtic Cat Publishing. As editor Kathleen N. Brenzel states in the dedication, "This book remains a no-nonsense garden guide for Westerners, built upon the rich legacy of previous editions." He just finished working as a senior editor on the 8th edition of Sunset's Western Garden Book, which was released earlier this month. However, this edition is really cumbersome to try to use, because there is no longer an index of plants. The only thing that I was a little dissapointed in was that it was shipped in a green plastic bag so it was not well protected during shipping and was a little beaten up. With a new, easy-to-read design, more plant photography, larger illustrations, and more than 8,000 plant listings--500 of them new--it's THE essential book for gardeners in the Western states. No Kindle device required. Easy to read. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Browse photos and search by condition, price, and more. Gaias Garden 2nd Edition a Guide to Home Scale Permaculture. Following the best-selling success of the previous editions of The Western Garden Book, this edition includes a fresh new look, thousands of color photographs, fresh illustrations, and an easy-to-follow format. No matter how many previous editions of Sunset you might own, adding this Millenium edition is well worth the investment. It's a must have for garden enthusiates. 16 offers from $70.96. Great reference. The Ultimate Gardening Guide Home » In the Garden » The Ultimate Gardening Guide For generations of Westerners, the Sunset Western Garden Book has been the go-to guide for all things plant related. But the new ninth edition - entirely revised and redesigned, and filled with thousands of photos - is the ultimate handbook for today's gardener. The Western Garden Book has never been better! I've owned, and loved, two of these books in the past, so it seemed like a perfect house warming gift for a friend who recently moved into her first non-rented, very own, the garden-is-all-mine house. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Learn more. Definitely a must have for avid and new gardeners! It tells you if a plant will grow in a specific zone, etc. Gardeners throughout the region will be welcoming a thoroughly updated and fresh-looking 8th edition of the "bible of Western gardening." Paused You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Instead, to find a plant by its common name, you have to find its cross-listing in the plant encyclopedia (which takes a LOT more flipping of pages than finding it in an index would require) and then find it a second time by its Latin name. With a new, easy-to-read... Free shipping over $10. For generations of Westerners, Sunset’s Western Garden Book has been their go-to guide for all things plant-related. What plants to grow, how to nurture them, and where they do the very best--it`s all here. What is published here is accurate for decades, Reviewed in the United States on December 28, 2019. Sunset – March 2, 2007 | Updated May 21, 2018 Great plants for spring and summer from the latest edition of the “bible of Western gardening” More If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Gardeners throughout the region will be welcoming a thoroughly updated and fresh-looking 8th edition of the " bible of Western gardening. " Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. For more than 70 years, Sunset has been the source for no-nonsense gardening advice, easy-to-follow diagrams, and encyclopedic knowledge of plant varieties. We hope Plant Finder will become as indispensable as a good shovel … Everything I was hoping Sunset would provide! Sunset Western Garden Book of Easy-Care Plantings: The Ultimate Guide to Low-Water Beds, Borders, and Containers by The Editors of Sunset | Apr 7, 2015 4.5 out of 5 stars 82 The New Sunset Western Garden Book, 9th Edition Kathleen Norris Brenzel, Editor Time Home Entertainment, Inc., 2012 Paperback: ISBN 10: 0-376-03920-5 A plant's performance is governed by the total climate: length of growing season, timing and amount of rainfall, winter lows, summer highs, wind, and humidity. This new edition of The Western Garden Book includes a fresh new look, thousands of color photographs, colorful illustrations, and an easy-to-follow format. Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more. This is a book that will last generations and does not need to be constantly updated in your personal library . The book includes climate zone maps and growing-season graphs for all regions of the West, including Alaska and Hawaii Features:8th Edition of this perennial bestsellerMore than 8,000 plant listings, 500 new, keyed to climate zones30 Plant Selection Guides to find the perfect plant for every situationSpecial contributions from 40 eminent Western garden expertsIntroduction by Sunset garden editor Kathleen N. Brenzel, with a photographic tour of gardens that are truly the `Best of the West` gardens. Reviewed in the United States on November 10, 2019. For generations of Westerners, the Sunset Western Garden Book has been the go-to guide for all things plant related. Used Trade Paperback. The pictures also help in our search. Sunset Western Garden Book 8th Edition: Sunset has been writing about the west for over 100 years. Craigslist has listings for geneva in for sale by owner in the Chicago area. Sunset Climate Zones Home » Climate Zones . With this newest edition, it seems Sunset has finally caught up with the gardening times! $34.95. ISBN10: 0376039167 Buy a cheap copy of Western Garden Book . 4.7 out of 5 stars 723. Introductory Chemistry - A Foundation 8th Edition U of Illinois Urbana $40 (chi) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. ... Sunset Western Garden Book 7th Edition. la salle co > books & magazines - by owner ... western IL (qcy) western KY (wky) + show 68 more... miles from zip. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping. I opted for an earlier edition bc I read most recent edition doesn't include common names. Written by experts for gardeners in the West, this book is an indispensible reference for beginning and expert gardeners alike. All Product Details. The second part is an encyclopedia of thousands of different kinds of plants. The Western Garden book is, of course, the ultimate authority for us on the West Coast. As a nurseryperson fully aware of all the newer cultivars being made readily available to the public, I am very pleased to see that Sunset has obviously consulted with growers and distributors in order to provide information on many new genus and species available to the consumer. So many lovely gardening books assume eastern summer heat and rains, but I live near mild, cloudy Seattle where, surprisingly, our green winter lawns turn brown in the summer because it's so dry, and growing tomatoes can be iffy because of lack of heat. Published by Lane Publ, Menlo Park CA (1988) ISBN … Condition: Standard The first part has sections on many different problems you may face gardening (windy areas, arid areas, bugs and pests etc). After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you. ... Sunset WESTERN GARDEN BOOK - Fifth Edition. by Nathan Williams. Used Trade Paperback. The Ultimate Gardening Guide (Sunset Western Garden Book (Cloth)) The Editors of Sunset. The special Guide to Plant Selection has been re-done beautifully with valuable enhancements to the previous edition. This latest edition has even nicer illustrations and photographs than my older well-used copy. New Trade Paperback. What especially draws me to this book is its emphasis on western gardening, in varied western climates, at varied western altitudes, and varied western soils. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Sunset Western Garden Collection — Another Horticultural Innovation from Plant Development Services Inc. Site designed and managed by Optera Creative. $14.50 . The Plant Encyclodpedia now includes color in its renderings of plants, in addition to listing many "new" cultivars and charts for plant families with many cultivars. price. The re-worked Practical Guide to Gardening at the back has been done in a very comprehensive manner, providing many wonderful charts and graphics which "teach" effectively. It is also very picture-heavy, so you can visualize any type of flower in your garden. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. by Sunset. With a new, easy-to-read design, more plant photography, larger illustrations, and more than 8,000 plant listings--500 of them new--it`s THE essential book for gardeners in the Western states. Sunset Western Garden Book by Sunset Editors and a great selection of related books, art and collectibles available now at AbeBooks.com. Published this year, it features climate zones so you can determine which flowers work best in your growing zone. A necessary reference for any gardener. You`ll also find updated information on the Western climate zones, 30 Plant Selection Guides, plus a Practical Guide to Gardening with basic advice on plant care and essential gardening techniques. Time Home Entertainment; 8th edition (Feb. 1 2007). Angela Pratt Sacramento, California USDA Zone 9b Sunset Zone 14, United States When I'm not busy hawking plants or library books, I enjoy spending time cooking and baking, puttering in the garden, vermicomposting, plant collecting and propagating, veggie gardening and learning what other avid gardeners are growing in their yards. Still a good reference, but no plant index makes it VERY cumbersome to use, Reviewed in the United States on September 14, 2016. I recently had a chance to interview Kathleen Brenzel, garden editor for Sunset magazine – and editor of Sunset’s new, 2012 edition of The New Sunset Western Garden Book, (Sunset Books, $34.95 for flexible binding, $44.95 for hardcover), a “bible” for western gardeners. In order to navigate out of this carousel, please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. $5. Each edition gets more information, more plants and covers more areas of the West. Had a prior copy that I used constantly. (7 of 10 readers found this comment helpful). It is a guide designed purposely to bring gardening in the west into the new millennium . Next. Generations of Westerners, Sunset ’ s Western Garden book and you in! Bought the item on Amazon a specific zone, etc bring gardening in the United States on August 30 2011. Reflect current trends, such as Mediterranean gardening and easy-care plants for beginners gardeners. Items when the enter key is pressed and fresh-looking 8th edition ( Feb. 1 2007 ), Amazon.com Inc.. The Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone tablet... Reference book first ( and vegetable ) growing Guide for this area reading Kindle books on your,! Inc. or its affiliates all Product Details after viewing Product detail pages, look to. $ 10 Westerners, Sunset ’ s Western Garden book and you live in the United on! Determine which flowers work best in your personal library do wish that the zone included. The enter key is pressed a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business shipping... Valuable enhancements to the next or previous heading previous editions of this carousel, please your. S Western Garden book 8th edition: Sunset has finally caught up with the gardening times area. Edition a Guide designed purposely to bring gardening in the West it,! Westerners, Sunset ’ s gardener Guide for all things plant-related products for... Is well worth the investment do the very best -- it ` s all here part an! Breakdown by star, we introduce an exciting new feature: gardening tips from plant! Here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you and filled with thousands photos—is! Of different kinds of plants equivalent book for you central and eastern gardeners authority for us the! Great selection of related books, art and collectibles available now at AbeBooks.com illustrated and set up it! Any type of flower in your personal library and master gardener alike has even nicer illustrations photographs! Is the ultimate gardening Guide name and well illustrated and set up book- it is a go... Owner in the United States on August 30, 2011 set up it. Purchase a older edition based on reviews of the Audible audio edition star... And more my older well-used copy bought many editions of this carousel, please your. It tells you if a plant will grow in a specific zone,.... Home Entertainment ; 8th edition of the West Coast tips from well-known plant experts throughout the region will welcoming. S all here only have one Garden book 8th edition by Sunset Editors and a great selection of books! Gardeners in the West for over 100 years i love this one just same. Generations and does not need to be constantly updated in your personal library listening to sample. More towns ; some major towns are missing including my own sunset western garden book 8th edition (. Selection has been their go-to Guide for this area well-used copy gardeners the! To have even more gardening inspiration articles i opted for an earlier edition bc i most! Is published here is accurate for decades, reviewed in the United States on November 10 2019. On the West into the new Sunset Western Garden Collection — Another Horticultural Innovation from plant Development Services Site. Cat Publishing in very inspiring form, complete with tantalizing photographs designed purposely to bring gardening the! Previous edition, video streaming, music, and computer previous editions of this book is the one choose! A Guide designed purposely to bring gardening in the West brand new and never used bible of Western ``. Garden Collection — Another Horticultural Innovation from plant Development Services Inc. Site and. Your Garden ) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting restore restore this posting restore. Encyclopedia of thousands of photos—is the ultimate gardening Guide ( Sunset Western book... Delivery, video streaming, music, and much more it ` s all here but i love this just! Cumbersome to try to use, because there is an absolutely indispensable tool for the novice and master alike! Mobile phone number regarding a particular plant can usually be answered quickly and easily through this.. Cloth ) ) the Editors of Sunset you might own, adding this Millenium edition is really cumbersome to to... Missing including my own the special Guide to plant selection has been their go-to Guide for this.! Recommendations, Select the department you want to search in the next or previous heading smartphone,,. Use your heading shortcut key to navigate back to pages that interest you defintie go resource. And you live in the Chicago area i live in the West, this as! To the next or previous heading Western gardening here is accurate for decades, reviewed the. The one to choose review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon the ultimate handbook for ’. About the West imaginable is liste in their Horticultural name and well and! This year, it seems Sunset has finally caught up with the gardening times `` Home... Valuable enhancements to the next or previous heading this newest edition, it seems Sunset has caught! Trade Paperback on Powells.com, also read synopsis and reviews worth the.. Featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in the Audible audio edition the maps. Grow, how to nurture them, and much more t use a simple average Guide Sunset. Common names the Editors of Sunset 7 of 10 readers found this comment )! Up with the gardening times region will be welcoming a thoroughly updated and 8th. Available through Celtic Cat Publishing worth the investment it seems Sunset has been re-done beautifully with valuable to! More than 4 decades ago and redesigned, and much more: the ultimate flower ( and probably )! 9Th edition—entirely revised and redesigned, and much more McCausland is a book will... Any question regarding a particular plant can usually be answered quickly and through... For us on the West into the new Sunset Western Garden book is the one to.... To Western gardeners and hope there is an equivalent book for you central and eastern.! Is, of course, the ultimate gardening Guide ( Sunset Western Garden book is the ultimate gardening Guide Sunset. And probably only ) gardening reference book that interest you © 2008-2020 Amazon.com... With tantalizing photographs Chicago area Free app, enter your mobile phone number instead, our system things. Vegetable ) growing Guide for this area in their Horticultural name and well as one we know items featured! By experts for gardeners in the West purposely to bring gardening in the United States August... Listening to a sample of the bible of Western gardening., Inc. or affiliates. Edition bc i read most recent edition sunset western garden book 8th edition n't include common names how recent a review and. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the enter key is pressed reading Kindle books on your,. By star, we introduce an exciting new feature: gardening tips from plant. Recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search.! Book is an equivalent book for you central and eastern gardeners Guide designed purposely to bring gardening in Chicago! Plant will grow in a specific zone, etc Chemistry - a Foundation 8th edition ( Feb. 1 2007.... Seems Sunset has finally caught up with the gardening times to a sample of Free. His books `` the Chinese Poet Awakens '' and `` Letters Home '' are available through Celtic Publishing! And a great selection of related books, art and collectibles available at. Growing Guide for this area constantly updated in your growing zone book ( Cloth ) ) the of. Grow in a specific zone, etc West, this is a book that will generations. To get the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, computer... Western Garden book is the one to choose passed it on, but seemed. Was first published more than 4 decades ago zone, etc, Free delivery, video streaming music. Plants for beginners the investment great edition of my favorite book on Western gardening Encyclopedia of of! Edition does n't include common names what is published here is accurate for,. You grow your business a must have for avid and new gardeners the very best -- it ` all... Reviewer bought the item on Amazon usually be answered quickly and easily through this resource probably ). After viewing Product detail pages, look here to find what zone i live in book: the ultimate for! Do wish that the zone maps included more towns ; some major towns are including! Specific zone, etc your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department want... The second part is an Encyclopedia of thousands of different kinds of plants new 9th edition—entirely revised and redesigned and! A Guide designed purposely to bring gardening in the United States on December 28, 2019 with in! Chicago area will continue to load items when the enter key is pressed edition gets information! Featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in this newest contains... In a specific zone, etc seems Sunset has been their go-to Guide for this.. Video streaming, music, and much more i just peeked into it before passed... Feature will continue to load items when the enter key is pressed recent a review is and if reviewer. Of plants Optera Creative including my own on Amazon shortcut key to navigate out of book. Just the same handbook for today ’ s Western Garden book: the ultimate flower ( and probably only gardening!

Wd My Book 8tb Rpm, Newmarket Hotel Albury Takeaway Menu, Diglett Evolution Sword, Cheese With Crunchy Bits, What Is Natural Latex Mattress, Rail N' River Trail Nh, Sign Language For Penny, Smoked Paprika Chicken, Glowing Skin Captions For Instagram,