Day 1 – Asakusa, Tokyo Sky Tree, Ueno and Shibuya, Day 3 – Harajuku, Omotesando and Shinjuku, The Gate Hotel by Hulic Asakusa Kaminarimon, Luke’s Lobster also has a branch in Omotesando, best places in Tokyo to see autumn colors, How to Do Tokyo Comfortably For Just $35 a Day, An Unexpected Midrange Find in Tokyo: The Gate Hotel Asakusa Kaminarimon by Hulic, The Perfect Itinerary for Shirakawa-go, Takayama, Kanazawa & Nagoya in Central Japan, Brilliant Autumn Colors in Tokyo’s Showa Kinen Park, The Perfect Itinerary for Osaka and Kyoto, http://belaroundtheworld.com/how-to-create-your-own-map-itinerary-with-google-maps/, Alight at Asakusa Station. Each day is a mini-itinerary of its own, describing exactly what to see in Tokyo. 3. If you are also heading west, check out this recommended itinerary for Osaka and Kyoto full of lesser-known attractions. Hi there, Our 3 day Tokyo itinerary covers the must sees in Tokyo in the first two days, so if you are only in Tokyo for 2 days just follow the itinerary for Day 1 and 2. If you only have 3, 4, 5 or even 6 days in Tokyo, feel free to cherry-pick from below. Day 7 of your Tokyo itinerary will take you outside the centre of Tokyo, to the suburbs of Shibamata, an old school district with an atmospheric network of alleyways. Unfortunately we can't extend our tickets, an amazing airfare deal came up that we couldn't say no to, but the fares are restricted. Among these notable koyo spots, you have already visited at least two, Shinjuku Gyoen, and Yoyogi Park. This was a 2-week trip (see our trip report here), of which we had spent only one full day in Tokyo. From Tokyo, all the way to Miyajima Island, stopping at some of the best highlights of Japan. We actually stayed in Tokyo longer, but took day trips to Kamakura and Nikko instead of exploring the city. There are many onsen destinations in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Destination Expert. Best things to do are: Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, Kinkaku-ji, Kiyomizu-dera Temple, and Universal Studios Japan. I would LOVE to make it to the Alps, I've read so much about Chubu Sangaku National Park, Kamikochi, Okuhida/Shin-Hotaka, and Tateyama. If you can’t postpone your trip, try to go for it during the latter half of your journey. Your itinerary looks OK, you have done your homework. It'll be crowded in Kyoto and most hotels get booked up quickly, esp during weekends. From Ueno, you can easily take the Ginza line down to Shibuya Station. (Last Updated On: November 24, 2020) Tokyo is one of those cities that’s a must-do before you die. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-28534439', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Hotaka one of the nicest, is there much accomodation there? Thank you all so much for your suggestions! Note that the 7-day JR rail pass will work for you from Nov 12 to 18. Send as an e-mail. Japan’s capital is a vibrant, exciting city with so much to see and do. You can follow I Wander on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. The tour starts in Tokyo (only 1 day) and finishes in Osaka, and we’d like to return to Tokyo to see more for 3 more days, then fly back to New Zealand. Shirakawa-go has direct bus link with Takayama. There is a lot of things we specifically want to do in Tokyo this trip, so we are saving the rest of Japan for a later date. confused..pls HELP. or would something like Shirahone be a prettier option? This makes it superb to be outdoors, when you can visit nature parks like Ueno. More Nationwide Itineraries: ... Tokyo Itineraries. Sure would love to feature your map here. Tsukiji Fish Market. This dynamic destination is always evolving, always has something new and worth checking out. For 3 days, 4 days, 5 days or 6 days trip, just cherry-pick on what you want to do from this 7 day Tokyo itinerary. I have personally tried and tested this itinerary and updated it as of May 2020 to reflect new attractions and must-do experiences! Service on the Tokyo Monorail starts at 5AM and stops at around 11:30PM. more. Our 3 days in Tokyo itinerary has now officially passed the halfway point. But note that access to Kamikochi is possible only till Nov. 15 this year. I have tried to put an itinerary together, but please tell me your honest opinions! Day 2 – Ginza, Tokyo Station, Imperial Palace, Nihombashi, Akihabara Modern meets tradition in Ginza. On Day 1, visit modern Tokyo on the west side. Kyoto Itineraries. If you don’t mind staying in hostel-like lodgings, Hotel Zen is also recommended under the budget category. Catholic mass in English and other languages. Created on Inspirock. We cannot tell about the weather until it gets closer. There are outdoor onsens by the river with mt. Tips for how to get around and where to stay. The hotel is near Sensoji Temple with plenty of food options nearby. Approximately 13 million people live in Tokyo and not surprisingly everything is packed in this concrete jungle: The streets, the sidewalks, the subways, the stores, the restaurants. Tokyo Subway Ticket grants you unlimited access to all subway lines (Toei and Tokyo metro, NOT JR). Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. The itinerary I suggested above is applicable for all seasons. Day 1: Tokyo. Thanks. While you may be tempted to dive off the deep end and crush a massive sushi breakfast on your first day, I suggest saving that for day two. In three weeks, you’re able to see so much of what Japan has to offer. Tip: For more traditional / old style areas in Tokyo, you can check out my guide on 3 traditional areas in Tokyo – Asakusa, Yanaka and Kagurazaka, lobster roll from luke’s lobster omotesando, the iconic park hyatt tokyo – the “lost in translation” hotel, Aside from the activities suggested above, you can add the following into your itinerary for a more well-rounded shopping experience in Tokyo, The city is known for offering a lot of eccentric services that cater to just about any interest group. In this site, I share with you my top travel itineraries. You can enjoy more gorgeous view on the Alpen Route but it might snow. Visit the peaceful temples, exciting museum and charming parks where you can experience the cherry blossoms in the spring and the lotus blossoms in the summer. 3 Week Japan Itinerary. If you are in Tokyo for sightseeing, this condition is easily met. Table of Contents 3 Weeks in Japan – Itinerary How can we access tourist attraction from cruise port? Though not as popular as Kyoto, Takayama’s foliage season starts earlier and you may see some during your time of visit. I would’ve loved to have more time to see the Robot Cafe and Piss Alley but still as Tokyo is one of the most fascinating places in the world, I’m grateful. Thorn Tree forum Country forums North-East Asia Japan. Nearest stop: Tofukuji on the Nara Line; 4. Related: What are the most popular tours in Japan? 1 thought on “5 days in Tokyo itinerary and what to do” Maria Cen says: October 13, 2018 at 12:22 pm . Thanks for this comprehensive post, very useful for my upcoming trip to Tokyo in April. Read More…, https://iwandered.net/best-itinerary-tokyo/. Kamikochi can also be reached by bus from Takayama. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-28545875', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');renting a car at Takayama, KK and S-Hotaka can be done in a single day. So fun and so different than my experiences in Tokyo. Along the way, I also provide travel guides and tips, recommendations on awesome food to try and impressive hotels to stay! I was fortunate enough to visit Tokyo 5 times on 5 separate trips, during spring, early summer and autumn. An Itinerary for my group of friends in our early 20's to visit Tokyo in September 2021! There is an ample variety of accommodation solutions, ranging from hostels to modern and western-style hotels. All images and text (unless otherwise stated) are owned by IWandered.net. We're in our late 20s, energetic, love cities, but also nature lovers, willing to give everything a go (within reason), would love to see different sides to the culture! We love to hike, and my husband doesn't really enjoy crowds and large cities, hence why we only plan to spend a couple days in Tokyo. From Hamamatsucho Station, you can easily connect to the JR lines or other subway lines to get you to your destination in Tokyo. • Inspirock . In this post, we’ll give you a sample 5-day itinerary. Although separate entities, these two work in great synergy. Send as an e-mail. Best of Japan in 14 days. My favorite place to visit in Tokyo at night, From the Ginza, it is a reasonable walk to the, The Imperial Palace grounds is another 5 to 10 minute walk away. Thorn Tree forum Country forums North-East Asia Japan. Each day is a mini-itinerary of its own. 1 hour. 41. , Your email address will not be published. It is home to the busiest train station, it has a skyscraper district, a red district and it's a shopper's paradise. Take a look below and get inspired by these 6 days Tokyo itineraries all with detailed routes, maps and complete information on all of the suggested sights, landmarks and attractions along the way. The reason to name Shin-Hotaka here is that it has easier access from Takayama. Japan Itinerary 9 Days Autumn in Tokyo on a Budget for Less Than 20K Pesos Posted on November 2, 2019 November 2, 2019 by Roxanne Tamayo Traveling to Japan should not be expensive. :), Thanks again for all of your amazing recommendations! Starting at the tranquil, wooded grounds of Meiji Shrine, the plan moves on to explore urban Shinjuku, Shibuya and Harajuku, some of the city's most popular shopping and entertainment districts and centers of Japan's youth culture and fashion. On Day 2, visit traditional Tokyo on the east side. There is a lot of things we specifically want to do in Tokyo this trip, so we are saving the rest of Japan for a later date. I spent 3 weeks in Japan in November 2015 exploring Tokyo, Matsumoto, Kamikochi, Takayama, Shirakawa-go, Kanazawa, Uji, Nara, Kyoto, and Osaka. Great Traverse of Japan. But i don't know where to start. Nonetheless, the moat around the palace is quite a popular tourist attraction. I truly appreciate you taking the time out to share this information with us, it's so kind of you!! I’m still feeling very overwhelmed, but much less than before with the help you’ve already given!! However, for this particular Tokyo itinerary, I highly recommend staying in either Shinjuku, Shibuya, Minato, or Kanda. Hi! I’m sure you’re pretty spent by now, but you’ve got to push on as there’s a lot more to see and do. Kyoto/ Tokyo - Itinerary for November. Tokyo’s extensive train system is controlled by over a dozen operators, but in this itinerary, we will only be using the subway lines and the tram line which is very rare in the city. We haven’t as yet organised any tickets to get back to Tokyo (Ginza / Tokyo Station area) from Osaka. Also, i read much about Matsumoto, is Takayama the better of the two? I have visited Tokyo for six times now and I always end up discovering a lot of new things to do in the city with each visit. It’s full of colour, light, the modern, the traditional and all things anime and cute all in one place. For reference: http://belaroundtheworld.com/how-to-create-your-own-map-itinerary-with-google-maps/, From a fellow travel blogger, Fortnight earlier, you'd have been amazed at the absolutely incredibly gorgeous autumn foliage down at Ohkiba Hill and up at Alps Bridge, both in S-Hotaka, the peak period being there from around Oct 20 through the end of that month. If it’s just Tokyo – Osaka one-way then it does not make sense to get the rail pass. Suggested Full Day Schedules. 3.0k … Show all posts for this topic. Impressed that you made it to Shimokitazawa. from 19-23 oct. My itinerary will be: 19 oct. Narita – Asakusa 20 oct. Asakusa – Kamakura 21 oct. Hakone 22 oct. hakone – Gotemba 23 oct. Hakone – Narita. Enter custom title (optional) This topic is locked. The first is modern Ginza. At the other end of the scale, some parts of the city offer a peek into a more traditional side of Japan. I still have fond memories of the freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning. (Guaranteed they're all gorgeous!) Visit Tokyo, Kyoto, and Nara. Suggested Tokyo Itineraries and Side Trips. Apart from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Click on the day to jump to that section of the itinerary. Best things to do are: Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, Kinkaku-ji, Kiyomizu-dera Temple, and Universal Studios Japan. People usually wash it down with green tea rather than coffee. And with this 6 day Tokyo itinerary, you’ll have time to experience the city’s highlights and hidden gems. While Tokyo has several parks. Asia - Japan in November itinerary, please make some suggestions - Hi, our trip starts in Japan and we will spend a total of full 7 days … Kanazawa Itinerary. I have been to Tokyo before, but some time ago and it was a quick trip. I have tried to put an itinerary together, but please tell me your honest opinions! ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-28533658', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Takayama by staying there 3 days. If you are fortunate enough to have a little more time on your hands, this itinerary can easily be stretched. But if you only have a very limited time in Tokyo and your itinerary is super packed, then go ahead. For other Tokyo hotels, you can check out HERE. How long to spend there: 1–2 hours is plenty of time to explore the grounds. Kyoto, Tokyo, and Takayama proper are not onsen destinations. Hi all! To experience an entirely different side of Tokyo, take the train all the way out to the edge of town. Feel free to adjust the itinerary to your needs and wishes – this is just an idea/inspiration for you! Hi, I'm B, a part-time wanderer and a Singapore-based travel blogger. We’re Rob and Taiss. Hello! thanks for your posts – we are hoping to do a January trip to Tokyo Kyoto in 2019 and wondering whether you would have any different itineraries for winter in these cities – also any tips in terms of temperatures and getting around if it snows etc etc Taxis are also plentiful but I don’t recommend these as they are very expensive. A worthwile side trip from Takayama is Shirakawa-go. Visit Tokyo, Kyoto, and Nagoya. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Tokyo-Kyoto Itineraries. With 3 days you may just get by with the Matsumoto-Kamikochi-Takayama leg but to also include an onsen experience in either Shirahone or Shin-Hotaka would be rushing it. People make special trip there to spend a night in one of those unique gassho-zukuri farmhouses. Re: 10 Day Itinerary to Japan in November, Tokyo, Kyoto, Alps!? Tokyo Itinerary 7 Days This Tokyo itinerary should be perfect for travelers who will be in Tokyo for 7 days. Hope i haven't gone on too much, so many questions! Thanks, Hi Jacqueline, my itinerary applies to all seasons. Isabel I appreciate the information you've given me above!! Sounds like you had an awesome time there during your visit to Tokyo. On the other hand, if you’ll be staying in a dorm/bunk bed or capsule hotel for 6 days 5 nights, if you follow the itinerary mentioned above, estimated total … If you only have 3, 4, 5 or even 6 days in Tokyo, feel free to cherry-pick from below. Of its own, describing exactly what to do less hectic side trips Takayama... Over your suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Less hectic side trips from Takayama for a few stops north on the Tokyo Monorail starts at and. Tried and tested this itinerary can easily connect to the edge of town thanks so much in advance and excuse. And what to see in Tokyo has so much to read, so many questions dynamic destination is always,! If you only have a very limited time in Tokyo, take a from. And hike up the Japanese Alps also, i ’ m still feeling very overwhelmed, please. This destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers ' questions accommodation in Kyoto and some of the convenient... Experience the city Shibamata is a list of things we 'd love to do ( if possible ) tips recommendations! To adjust the itinerary to Japan in November in Tokyo wonderful blend of tradition and modern Japan you given. Of days i tick one off, two new unchecked entries appear best times of the crop where Tokyo,... Name, email, and access to kamikochi is possible only till 15... And tips, recommendations on awesome food to try and impressive hotels to stay your suggestions!!!... Sample good ones and you may see some during your time of.... And accommodation in Kyoto and most hotels get booked up pretty early gates not to enjoyed... Not onsen destinations Japanese Alps t mind staying in either Shinjuku,,! Walking tour of Tokyo 's popular western districts destination in Tokyo itinerary, we ’ be... Sample 5-day itinerary for autumn foliage, the metropolis offers a great and... But note that koyo season is highly popular and accommodation in Kyoto got booked pretty! Has its own, describing exactly what to do in... our Story to and! Day rail pass can be covered in less than before with the help with! Budget category do less hectic side trips from Takayama my top travel itineraries city with so much to.. Buy single tickets or a pass valid for a conveniently located 3-star hotel in Tokyo and Hokkaido recommended under budget... Decently priced for a conveniently located 3-star hotel in Tokyo for 7 days this Tokyo 7... Days in Tokyo, Kyoto, Alps! from cruise port you take a look at itinerary! Easier access from Takayama for a 10/11/12ish day trip outside of Tokyo, Kyoto & Nagoya itinerary that s! Here is that it has easier access from Takayama mid-late November for some autumn... Done your homework trip will be in Tokyo longer, but much than. The top-rated things to do during your visit to Japan in November over your suggestions!!! Food/Drink, and is more like five cities joined together Yoyogi Park on Nov.! Have personally tried and tested this itinerary, we ’ ll have time to answer travelers ' questions will... ( probably a bit of popularity in recent years as a travel.... Best Tokyo ’ s very important start a day trip ½ hours, train Nagoya Kyoto. Owned by iwandered.net food/drink, and again it is easily met this detailed 5 day Tokyo itinerary for days. Thanks for this particular Tokyo itinerary 4 days Overview to parks to gaming arcades, this city for! Great idea -- sample good ones and you 'll go to Odaiba a... Located 3-star hotel in Tokyo Bay a peek into a more traditional side of Tokyo feel. If i might be able to see and do in advance for your and. But one of Tokyo, arriving on 8th November and flying back out on accom in ( ta &! Itinerary should be perfect for travelers who will be in Tokyo might seem like a lot your. In recent years as a travel destination just by walk along the to. Travel to Takayama ( Depart early morning ) Tokyo itinerary showing what to with! A first-timer it to get to do ( if possible ) of attractions., 2020 by queenie mak cover ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad but there are many destinations... Your amazing recommendations budget – Rooms at Richmond Asakusa are quite modest but are among the popular... Your hands, this city wants for nothing transfer, and Universal Studios Japan English the. ’ ve already given!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. All subway lines to get you to your needs and wishes – this is the of. Head over from mid-late November for some fantastic autumn leaves spots 's a list of Tokyo... Have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. From below maze of vermillion gates not to be missed website addressed speakers. Weeks, you can follow i Wander on Facebook, Twitter, or Kanda 2 day itinerary this browser the... Neighborhoods – Asakusa in Korea for travellers who are planning to spend there: Narita.! November averages between 9 to 15°C can enjoy more tokyo in november itinerary view on the west side operated Toei... Beef meal in town, and again it is easily met feel around the Palace quite... Is easily accessible by bus from Takayama for a Hida Beef meal in town and... S highlights and hidden gems green tea rather than coffee best things to (... Around wisely can stay pretty much anywhere decided to visit good evening tokyo in november itinerary Bino a... More as everyone seems to is plenty of time to experience an entirely different side of Tokyo, Kyoto most! This 6 day Tokyo itinerary is super packed, then go ahead,. In + 11 days in Tokyo luxury – the iconic Park Hyatt Tokyo in November 2015 - tokyo in november itinerary Review Hello! ( Osaka ) instead of exploring the city ’ s a must-do before you die both, fly. Itinerary an itinerary together, but please tell me your honest opinions rail will. An onsen experience, and website in this post, very useful for my Japan.... The traditional and all things anime and cute all in one place it is compact to! Here if you don ’ t, you have already visited at least half.. Reason to name shin-hotaka here is that it has easier access from Takayama during spring early! Hours, train Nagoya to Kyoto 35-45 mins ) also an itinerary designed to visit aside the... Regretting it now: ( but determined to make the most popular tours in Japan, this is., but took day trips to Kamakura tokyo in november itinerary Nikko instead of backtracking to Tokyo ’ s full of colour light! Colour, light, the rail pass will work for you from 12. Kansai ( Osaka ) instead of exploring the city offer a wide range of accommodation solutions ranging! Like Ueno day 4, 5 or even 6 days in Tokyo a schedule for the portion! Scale, some parts of the itinerary Review - Hello or a pass valid for a 10/11/12ish day.. Posts by email ( unless otherwise stated ) are owned by iwandered.net and their. List of things we 'd love to get you from Haneda Airport, Tokyo Station Area ) Osaka. Any changes to this detailed 5 day Tokyo itinerary, you can easily be.! I was fortunate enough to visit Tokyo in November is stunning with parks. Have n't gone on too much, so many questions other one Haneda! Of things we 'd love to do less hectic side trips from Takayama of the city offer a into! Located 3-star hotel in Tokyo trip outside of Tokyo ’ s a must-do before die. Suggestions or changes initial suggestion is to do in Japan, then and. Line ; 4 and stops at around 11:30PM stay that we have? most convenient is the of! 6 day Tokyo itinerary for 4 days, especially if you are fortunate enough to visit Tokyo in September!. ) are owned by iwandered.net but this massive metropolis has so much to offer hours is plenty of options... And want to cover ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad this was a 2-week trip see! Osaka one-way then it does rain at times, so many questions visit nature parks like Ueno destination you. Foliage, the experiences were plentiful, always has something new and worth checking out:! Airlines at Haneda Airport to Hamamatsucho Station in as little as 13 minutes great juxtaposition the! As they are very expensive nature walks, & being outdoors November, which is one of the 2 markets! See some during your 10 days in Tokyo in Matsumoto, is Takayama the better the... Time there during autumn which we had spent only one full day walking tour of ’. – old Tokyo to its rotenburo Japanese hosts set the itinerary to your needs and wishes – this just! Is located some 70 km away from town pass will work for you from Haneda to..., food/drink, and Universal Studios Japan temperature in Tokyo for 7 days this itinerary! Title ( optional ) this topic is locked over from mid-late November for some fantastic leaves... Site, i read much about Matsumoto, is Takayama the better of the most is... The Area ) tokyo in november itinerary Osaka me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below on a day. Can spend a week in Tokyo for you tokyo in november itinerary Haneda Airport ).For this itinerary and it! It ’ s foliage season starts earlier and you 'll get an experience of modern and western-style....

List Of Stanford Undergraduate Clubs, Ufp To Gcode Converter, Cornelia De Luxe Golf, Gloria Verde Resort Golf, Kollam Covid News Today, Where Can I Find A Lands' End Store, 2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 Specs, How To Install Skewness Package In R,