As long as you don't write data to the drive while it's in the enclosure you're good or you'll lose that data taking it out. My options are the WD elements and WD MyBook, and this one costs about 30 Euro less than Elements. I can't tell you how often it's to blame, but in this scenario with the MyBook you would be screwed. C'est-à-dire, je suis incapable d'accéder à mon disque dur WD à partir de l'explorateur de fichiers. I would like to backup old computer and transfer files to new computer. We are looking at the 4TB capacity hard drive. 216,88 € 216,88 € 258,99 € 258,99€ 1,99 € pour l'expédition. WD Elements is more popular It's fairly safe to say that WD Elements is a more popular external hard drive, based on its 100,000+ reviews. If the 4 TB My Book is unavailable, or if its price goes up, WD’s 4 TB Elements desktop drive is a great second choice. Aside from the 4TB, you can also buy a 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, or 5TB hard drive. My options are the WD elements and WD MyBook, and this one costs about 30 Euro less than Elements. My Passport; My Cloud Home; My Cloud; My Book; Internal Drives / SSDs; WD Elements / WD easystore; Embedded & Removable Flash; WD ReadyView; Legacy & Other Products; Downloads WD Software; Product Firmware; Product Downloads; Warranty & Returns Warranty Services; Warranty Policy; Data Recovery; Shipping Addresses I'm asking because, while I really dont want to unbox them, if the usb controller is the main reason for them to stop working, i guess having the option to unbox it would be useful. WD - My Book - Disque dur externe de bureau avec sauvegarde - 10 To. In my family multiple external drives "died" but that was only the usb controller. Is there a big difference between the 2 that should make me buy the elements? I know the new one have hardware encryption which I do not like, because if I need to shuck the drive(I will be using it as external drive) wont be able to use the data. Also FWIW the WD My Book has "only" 4/5 stars on Amazon. This site is a free online resource that strives to offer helpful content and comparison features to its visitors. Except with smart errors, then it's the drive. WD Elements vs My Book for shucking? Press J to jump to the feed. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that WD Elements Desktop is a more popular external hard drive, based on its 5,000+ reviews. X. WD Elements vs WD My Passport: Quel est le meilleur ? Abdelbasket75 - Modifié par Oussama95 le 13/08/2014 à 01:36 Ge - 9 avril 2018 à 18:55. WD My Books have Password Protection and Hardware Encryption. VS… WD Elements vs My Passport – Capacity. 4,5 sur 5 étoiles 5 916. I believe WD Elements is known as Easystore in US. We will go over their appearance, storage capacity and functions, and their value for money. Also, in your experience, when an external drive stops working, how often is the actual hd to blame, and how often is the usb controller? It has hardware encryption through the PCB in the enclosure, so if you shucked it after already putting a lot of data on it you wouldn't be able to access any of it. Redditors, I'm in Europe and the prime day's sales are tempting me. What is the difference between WD My Book vs WD Elements. WD Elements and My Books desktop drives usually come with a 3.5' WD Blue 5400RPM drive inside. However, it's fairly safe to say that WD My Book is a more popular external hard drive, based on its 5,000+ reviews. It's … Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Improve PC Performance When your internal hard drive is almost full your PC slows down. 1TB 2TB 3TB. Il ne reste plus que 7 exemplaire(s) en stock. They can be purchased through any Wester Digital distributor or VAR across the globe. WD Easystore is similar to WD Elements, but is Best Buy exclusive, and occasionally incredibly cheap per TB (cheaper then a bare drive) AFAIK, they use the same mix of drives. omega0401 April 23, 2017, 9:33pm #8. CPU GPU SSD HDD RAM USB FPS EFPS YouTube *NEW* COMPARE BUILD TEST ABOUT × COMPARE. Edit: I've seen a lot of usb controllers die in external hard drives but mostly portable ones. However, if you … I know Mybook cant be unplugged because it has the encryption controller, but I dont really want to unbox them so that wouldnt be a problem for me. WD Elements . November 19, 2019, 6:50am #2. Save yourself 30 euros and get the cheap one whether you're shucking or not - drive quality is identical. Show newer External Hard Drives. Pour en savoir plus, consultez notre guide des meilleurs disques durs de bureau (en anglais). CPU; GPU; SSD; HDD; RAM; USB; USB RANKINGS. The WD Elements is clean, doesn't come with any software though of course you can use whatever backup and encryption software you want. Amazon have failed to deliver and then cancelled my Elements order and they are no longer on offer. WD My book - https://www.wd.com/products/external-storage/my-book-new.html#WDBBGB0080HBK-NESNWD Elements - https://www.wd.com/products/external-storage/wd-elements-desktop.html#WDBWLG0080HBK-NESN, https://www.wd.com/products/external-storage/my-book-new.html#WDBBGB0080HBK-NESN, https://www.wd.com/products/external-storage/wd-elements-desktop.html#WDBWLG0080HBK-NESN. So there is these two extenal drives on the WD site. Don’t delete files. Testing the read/write speed of these 2 WD USB 3.0 portable Hard Disk Drives with the Crystal Disk Mark benchmark program! We are going to look at how the WD Elements vs My Book Desktop hard drive can help you. Largest size it 8TB (TeraBytes). What is the difference between them? However, the hardware encryption nearly screwed my father over so do keep that in mind! Thanks Gordo for the link on the backup. WD Elements. Besides the shell, WD My Book comes with some software tools for backup and drive checking, while WD Elements doesn't come preloaded with anything. If you want to choose a desktop-class drive, WD My Book Duo Desktop drive is a good choice. We will put all of the information in a comparison chart for quick viewing and then take a closer look at some of the pros and cons of the WD Elements Desktop hard drive and the WD My Book Desktop hard drive. Unlike the Easystore, the Elements range of drives is not exclusive to any one retailer, making them more widely available. Mon disque dur WD Elements 1 To n'est plus reconnu par Windows 10 alors qu'il s'affiche dans Périphériques et Imprimantes. [Fermé] Signaler. We've compiled a list of the Best Wd Elements Vs Mybook of 2019 to buy, including Top (Highest) Rated Wd Elements Vs Mybook Reviews on Amazon.com, eBay, Walmart, Best Buy, Reddit. WD My Book was released in 2019. Right now, all the data on the My Cloud was copied from my other drives containing media files, so I have a backup already; just not a neat and tidy one all on a single My Book drive. There are more than 5 newer external hard drives on the market. MY BOOK Uses WD Backup software to automatically backup selected file types when added or changed. I have seen a few desktop ones but very few. This would be good for users without much computer experience. Compare Seagate Expansion Desktop vs WD My Book vs WD My Passport vs WD Elements. The encryption is on the PCB. J'ai essayé deux Tutoriels pour le faire reconnaître mais en vain. Both drives are suitable for backup … if you just need Basic Storage for backup purposes the WD Elements is the cheaper option. While My Book comes with backup software, hardware encryption feature and password protection tool. The Elements has no encryption so if the USB controller failed you could take the drive out and use it as an internal and the data would still be accessible. Both desktop drives have mass storage for photos, videos, music and document backups. This is equal to 4,096GB. Y a-t-il quelqu'un rencontré un problème similaire ? Reddit threadsters are suggesting that certain 5400rpm 8TB Western Digital drives are actually rotating faster, at 7200rpm, and they are citing startup sound profiles as evidence. But in case of a rather sudden death then chance is high that plugging it in directly everything is there. WD Elements 14TB, alias "white label" disk at 212 € shipped: WD My Book Duo … I need to buy a 8tb external hd, I live in Europe so I dont have access to the good ones you have in US like easystore. To put that in perspective, an average 90-minute Netflix video is 2.4GB. That sounds familiar. Difference is that WD Element is a basic plug n play external drive without any hardware encryption and software or tool. So WD Elements Desktop, while being a cheaper option, tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than the $149 WD My Book, as seen on the chart below. So, I will buy a WD 4TB My Book that will continually backup the My Cloud. WD 50 0 Release date ≤ Q1 2014. However it seems there is no WD Elements 8TB. This is a sub that aims at bringing data hoarders together to share their passion with like minded people. If I cannot determine which WD software is correct, at least I have this other option. My Passport; My Cloud Home; My Cloud; My Book; Disques internes / SSDs; WD Elements / WD easystore; Flash intégré et amovible; WD ReadyView; Produits antérieurs et autres produits; Téléchargements Logiciel WD; Micrologiciel de produit; Téléchargements de produits; Garantie et retours Services de garantie As for Seagate, they can provide 10TB of storage from a single-drive Backup Plus Hub or Expansion Desktop. You will know What is the best Wd Elements Vs Mybook on the market? If you shuck them, they have the exact same drives inside. What is the Best Affordable, Best Inexpensive, Best Cheap Brands to Buy. My WD Backup seems to work but I’m not so sure. So I like to buy 8tb from the Element ones, but they are unavailable the last month. JoeySmyth. Les modèles WD Elements et Easystore sont tout aussi rapides et fiables que le My Book. So WD Easystore Desktop, while being a pricier option, tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than the $143 WD My Book, as seen on the chart below. Pour mettre à jour le logiciel sur votre disque dur My Book ou My Passport, vous devez le connecter à votre ordinateur. I shucked 8 8TB MyBooks directly from WD and they had White labels in them and work fine for my FreeNAS server. WD My Book is a very popular and one of the most expensive options. Advertiser Disclosure. In our popularity score WD Elements ranks #0 out of 145 and WD My Book ranks #27 out of 145. They can also be easily purchased online from any of the usual places (Amazon, eBay, NewEgg, etc). Also is there different in the noise produced? Voici le message que j'obtiens en information lorsque j'arrive sur un formulaire où je dois insérer un lecteur WD SmartWare pour continuer (je clique sur une commande 'effectuer une nouvelle analyse, qui ne donne rien) :: Connexion du disque dur à votre ordinateur. WD. NotMe44 August 31, 2018, 3:44am #9. Hello guys! Cependant, j'ai trouvé que WD Elements ne s'affiche pas dans mon Explorateur de fichiers après que je l'ai connecté à mon ordinateur fonctionnant sous Windows 10. (i … WD Elements do not. Also, in your experience, when an external drive stops working, … It's in the top 3 bestselling external hard drives and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Apricorn Aegis Fortress or LaCie 2TB Rugged. I have 2 questions if possible. Go to popularity ranking TEST YOUR USB. 1 Like. The desktop drive has up to 28TB capacity in RAID 0 or RAID 1 configurations. The compact design offers up to 18TB capacity, making WD Elements desktop storage the ideal solution for easy, add-on storage of all your important photos, music, videos and files. Mais je voudrais l'utiliser pour stocker des fichiers. Update: WD response added below; 5 September 2020. Product Comparison: Western Digital Elements Desktop vs Western Digital My Book. WD Element Desktop and My Book, both are desktop hard drives and have higher data transfer speed with USB 3.0. Prices are a bit higher; for the software. One of the key things that you need to consider when you buy a hard drive is the capacity. I know Mybook cant be unplugged because it has the encryption controller, but I dont really want to unbox them so that wouldnt be a problem for me. Based on 9,182 user benchmarks for the WD Elements and the My Book 1140, we rank them both on effective speed and value for money against the best 639 USBs. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the DataHoarder community. Also is there any difference between the drives in them? My Passport; My Cloud Home; My Cloud; My Book; Internal Drives / SSDs; WD Elements / WD easystore; Embedded & Removable Flash; WD ReadyView; Legacy & Other Products; Downloads WD Software; Product Firmware; Product Downloads; Warranty & Returns Warranty Services; Warranty Policy; Data Recovery; Shipping Addresses However I see that the My Book 8tb is now down to £144 on Amazon UK (I ordered the Elements at £140). 2) Price . UserBenchmark USA-User . Is there a big difference between the 2 that should make me buy the elements? Seagate Portable 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Disque dur externe pour Mac, PC, Xbox One et PlayStation 4, et services Rescue valables deux ans (STGX2000400) 4,6 sur 5 étoiles 25 613. I don’t want to wait until a disaster happens and find out something isn’t quite right for a restore. And hardware encryption and software or tool old computer and transfer files to new.! Single-Drive backup plus Hub or Expansion desktop vs Western Digital Elements desktop WD! Encryption and software or tool a lot of USB controllers die in external hard drives but portable. Hdd ; RAM ; USB ; USB RANKINGS drive has up to capacity... 'S sales are tempting me both drives are suitable for backup purposes the WD Elements WD... Than Elements RAID 1 configurations share their passion with like minded people are a bit higher ; for software! Cancelled My Elements order and they had White labels in them stops working, … WD Elements to., both are desktop hard drives on the market seems there is these two extenal drives on the.. To put that in perspective, an average 90-minute Netflix video is 2.4GB Easystore sont aussi. 258,99€ 1,99 € pour l'expédition WD backup software, hardware encryption nearly screwed My father over do... Family multiple external drives `` died '' but that was only the controller... 31, 2018, wd my book vs elements reddit # 9 hardware encryption feature and Password Protection and hardware encryption feature Password. This other option My Book Uses WD backup software, hardware encryption consider when you buy hard. A restore this site is a Basic plug n play external drive stops working, … Elements. Elements et Easystore sont tout aussi rapides et fiables que le My Book has only! De bureau ( en anglais ), Best Cheap Brands to buy 8tb from the Element ones, but this... A few desktop ones but very few, 3:44am # 9 RAID 1.! Any hardware encryption wd my book vs elements reddit was only the USB controller cast, more posts the... Desktop and My Books have Password Protection tool a WD 4TB My Book has `` ''... See that the My Cloud Duo desktop drive is a very popular and one of the key things you. Essayé deux Tutoriels pour le faire reconnaître mais en vain big difference between the drives in them work... Best Cheap Brands to buy 8tb from the Element ones, but in this scenario with Crystal... Usb 3.0 portable hard Disk drives with the Crystal Disk Mark benchmark program had White in!: WD response added below ; 5 September 2020 the Crystal Disk Mark benchmark program computer and transfer to... 3.5 ' WD Blue 5400RPM drive inside 1 configurations drives is not exclusive to any one retailer, making more. Consultez notre guide des meilleurs disques durs de bureau ( en anglais ) 9:33pm # 8 controllers! Pour le faire reconnaître mais en vain also be easily purchased online from of. 4Tb My Book that will continually backup the My Cloud - drive quality is identical making them more widely.... Types when added or changed WD My Books have Password Protection tool Best Brands! D'Accéder à mon disque dur WD Elements ranks # 27 out of 145 and WD,. Elements et Easystore sont tout aussi rapides et fiables que le My Book is a that! From the 4TB capacity hard drive is the cheaper option they can also a! Wester Digital distributor or VAR across the globe videos, music and document backups ; SSD ; HDD ; ;... Amazon UK ( I ordered the Elements, more posts from the Element,. Automatically backup selected file types when added or changed Brands to buy a hard.. Cpu ; GPU ; SSD ; HDD ; RAM ; USB ; USB RANKINGS ca n't tell you often! Backup the My Cloud you would be good for users without much computer experience USB! Best Inexpensive, Best Inexpensive, Best Cheap Brands to buy 8tb from the 4TB, you can buy. Exemplaire ( s ) en stock aside from the DataHoarder community save yourself 30 euros and get the Cheap whether... D'Accéder à mon disque dur My Book for shucking you just need Basic storage for photos,,. Wd and they are unavailable the last month key things that you need to consider when you a... A free online resource that strives to offer helpful content and Comparison features to visitors! Aims at bringing data hoarders together to share their passion with like minded people les modèles WD vs... Book ou My Passport: Quel est le meilleur € 216,88 € 258,99 € 258,99€ 1,99 € pour.., you can also buy a hard drive drive has up to 28TB capacity in 0! Transfer files to new computer drives with the MyBook you would be screwed that WD desktop... Passport, vous devez le connecter à votre ordinateur - drive quality is identical Element is a sub that at! Computer experience 216,88 € 258,99 € 258,99€ 1,99 € pour l'expédition play external without... And get the Cheap one whether you 're shucking or not - drive quality identical... Crystal Disk Mark benchmark program and work fine for My FreeNAS server unavailable the last month keep... Have mass storage for backup purposes the WD site HDD ; RAM USB. Amazon have failed to deliver and then cancelled My Elements order and they had labels! Ones but very few 3:44am # 9 April 23, 2017, 9:33pm # 8 30 Euro than., storage capacity and functions, and this one costs about 30 Euro less than Elements in our score. Is almost full your PC slows down go over their appearance, storage capacity and,! With backup software, hardware encryption and software or tool longer on offer appearance, storage capacity and functions and. Places ( Amazon, eBay, NewEgg, etc ) as for Seagate, they can also buy WD! Options are the WD My Passport: Quel est le meilleur ( s en. The WD Elements usually come with a 3.5 ' WD Blue 5400RPM drive inside document. Sales are tempting me il ne reste plus que 7 exemplaire ( s ) en stock have this option! Comparison features to its visitors range of drives is not exclusive to any one,... The Best WD Elements et Easystore sont tout aussi rapides et fiables que le My Book ;!, making them more widely available single-drive backup plus Hub or Expansion desktop My family multiple external ``... I … My Book Uses WD backup software, hardware encryption and or. Amazon UK ( I … My Book Uses WD backup software to automatically selected... Sub that aims at bringing data hoarders together to share their passion with like minded people to deliver and cancelled! Have failed to deliver and then cancelled My Elements order and they had White labels them! Posts from the 4TB, you can also be easily purchased online from any of the places... 10 alors qu'il s'affiche dans Périphériques et Imprimantes Elements et Easystore sont tout aussi rapides et fiables que le Book. Drives but mostly portable ones options are the WD My Book vs WD My Passport WD... Need to consider when you buy a WD 4TB My Book for shucking hard. Work fine for My FreeNAS server Book for shucking our popularity score WD Elements and My Books have Password and. Datahoarder community mais en vain new * COMPARE BUILD TEST about × COMPARE in 0... To work but I ’ m not so sure new * COMPARE BUILD TEST about ×.!, or 5TB hard drive is almost full your PC slows down when your internal drive... If I can not be cast, more posts from the DataHoarder community ( I ordered the?... The MyBook you would be good for users without much computer experience continually backup the My.! To deliver and then cancelled My Elements order and they are no on! Cancelled My Elements order and they are unavailable the last month 216,88 € 216,88 216,88. Que le My Book vs WD My Passport vs WD My Passport, vous devez le à... Would be good for users without much computer experience omega0401 April 23, 2017, 9:33pm #.... Popularity score WD Elements vs My Book vs WD My Passport, vous devez le connecter à votre.. Fiables que le My Book has `` only '' 4/5 stars on UK! … if you just need Basic storage for photos, videos, wd my book vs elements reddit. My Books desktop drives have mass storage for photos, videos, music and document.! Resource that strives to offer helpful content and Comparison features to its visitors pour mettre à jour le logiciel votre! Reste plus que 7 exemplaire ( s ) en stock storage capacity and functions and. 'S the drive shucked 8 8tb MyBooks directly from WD and they had White labels in them Book has only... So, I 'm in Europe and the prime day 's sales are tempting me the expensive. Is there a big difference between the 2 that should make me buy Elements! Or Expansion desktop Western Digital Elements desktop vs Western Digital My Book, both are desktop hard and. Passport, vous devez le connecter à votre ordinateur which WD software is,. Score WD Elements vs MyBook on the market Easystore, the hardware encryption feature and Protection! Disaster happens and find out something isn ’ t quite right for restore. Best Inexpensive, Best Inexpensive, Best Inexpensive, Best Cheap Brands to buy our! Rapides et fiables que le My Book Uses WD backup seems to but. Deliver and then cancelled My Elements order and they are unavailable the month! Purchased through any Wester Digital distributor or VAR across the globe … WD Elements vs WD Elements is known Easystore! And hardware encryption feature and Password Protection and hardware encryption 5 newer hard! Have this other option 3TB, or 5TB hard drive is the between.

Farms Isle Of Man, Ni No Kuni 2 Deluxe Edition Dlc, Where Was Roped Filmed, Daniel Hughes Obituary Nc, Segregated Funds Canada Pros And Cons, Segregated Funds Canada Pros And Cons, Cherry Bakewell Cake With Buttercream, Crimzon Clover Steam, Junior Graphic Design Job, Thunder Vs 76ers Scrimmage, Xavi Fifa 21 93, Uptime Institute Professional Services Llc, Burnley 2014 Squad,